licence server and TI 8 rescue CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ch.krause, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ch.krause

ch.krause Registered Member

When I start from TI 8 rescue CD and select "acronis full version" it asks me for the licence server. While the licence server is installed on the same PC I wish to back up/recover it is not running right now. Any hints?
    BTW when I select "acronis fail safe version" (without USB and SCSI) it starts ok.

2. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Seems like you must install the license server on a different machine. I once asked the german support about the license server problem (my network card is not supported) and the solution was: use the "normal", non corporate, version of the product..my second question (must a buy a second license or HOW do I get the "normal" version...) was never answered..

I suggest to add the possibility to enter a serial at startup....when you can't reach the license server or to allow the usage of the "non corporate" version for free...

Greetings

Volker

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ch.krause and VolkerNadolski,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please let us know what exact version and build number of Acronis True Image you use?

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

Please contact English support either by submitting a request for technical support or by sending a letter directly to support@acronis.com. Provide the information requested above along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. ch.krause

It reads Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation Version 8.0 (build 1.217)
    It is a german version if this matters.

TIA Ch. Krause

5. VolkerNadolski

I followed the advice and contacted the support. They provided me with a link to the english ISO which doesn't need a license-server. Thank you

Volker

Hallo ch.krause. Nach einigen Mails mit dem englischen Support wurde mir ein Donwloadlink zum ISO für die englische Version ohne Lizenzserver geschickt. Diese Version ist für mich vollkommen ausreichend, da es nur wenig mehrarbeit für mich bedeutet das Image vorher auf eine externe Platte zu legen und über diese das Restore anzustossen.

Volker

6. ch.krause

Hallo Volker,
    what about the download link o_O and what do you mean with "...das Image vorher auf eine externe Platte zu legen und über diese das Restore anzustossen".

TIA Christian

7. VolkerNadolski

Hello,

like Alexey suggested: I contacted the support team by e-mail and send the link to this thread. After checking my license informationen the support team send me a download link to an iso file. This iso didn't need to contact the license server and worked an the wlan-laptop.

I stored the image on an external USB harddrive and with this combination (USB-Harddrive and TrueImage-Full Version) I was able to recover the laptop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.