Licence details not being accepted

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by zarzenz, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

I received an email from NOD32 UK saying I could now download and install the new ESS using my current username and password.

So... this I tried.

But when I entered the licence details it was not accepted. Then I tried doing the retrieve lost licence details using the username directly from my control centre (obviously it was the same as I had done... taken from my original email that gave my licence details) which then resulted in me getting an email with my current details.

However... as expected... the password was exactly the same.

So... then I tried using these same license details... this time to download the NOD32 antivirus alone and this was accepted.

So... my question is simply this... why is NOD32 UK sending me an email saying I can now install the new ESS for free... just by entering my current details, and why does it not then work when I try to do this.

Is this a known issue?

EDIT> My mistake... reading the email from NOD32 UK again... it is now clear to me that only the version 3 antivirus is available to download.

I really wish to install the full ESS... so I will wait for now.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  2. crummock

crummock Registered Member

The email I had from Eset UK said free upgrade to Antirirus 3 but a 'low cost' upgrade to the Security suite so I wouldn't expect to be able to download ESS 3 on my current licence.

3. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

Thanks... I just saw this and did the above edit as you posted.

Got confused, but clear now what was on offer.

4. crummock

crummock Registered Member

First time I read it I thought 'great a free upgrade' but then reality hit me.

5. EnGenie

EnGenie Registered Member

Eset UK's idea of "low-cost" differs from most other peoples'.

As mentioned in this thread they quoted me more for an 8 month migration of my remaining licence to ESS than Eset USA were asking for a 2 year extension to my remaining licence! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.