Libre Office growth

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by linuxforall, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

http://www.iloveubuntu.net/200000-l...00000-libreoffice-downloadsweek-december-2012

The Document Foundation has published an interesting summary of done-through-2012 LibreOffice actions, actions being measured and displayed in user-readable graphs, approach aimed at publicly exposing relevant LibreOffice achievements.

Across the 2012 year, LibreOffice has been adopted by various organizations from various countries, like for instance on:

500,000 desktops (French ministries)
    15,000 desktops (city of Munich, Germany)
    A definitely interesting aspect of the newly published graphs is the number of LibreOffice downloads, number that has grown from 200,000/week (January 2012) to 600,000/week (December 2012), amount of downloads that clearly proves the fast and massive adoption of the open-source office

2. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

nice stats thanks for sharing linuxforall now even on windows i use libre office its pretty simple and best part is pretty close to good old windows office 2003 or office xp :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  3. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

My organization deploys it on various small offices and trains them as well. LO 4 has some radical new features that I am itching to try out.

4. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

yes indeed every time LO get better and better and best part they dont go dramatic changes ;)

also wating for stable LO 4 release

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.