Lenovo T61 Cloning Success with TI2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PhilD, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilD

PhilD Registered Member

well kids, i must say, cloning a Lenovo Thinkpad is not quite as easy as it sounds (fellow Thinkpad owners know what i mean). using TI10, i have attempted cloning my T60 and T61 Thinkpads (with the service partition intact) many times without complete success. the best i could do is produce a cloned drive that would not boot Vista. usually ended up with a "cannot find windows" loader error message, sometimes just a blinking cursor. the first error is easily remedied using a Vista repair disk (but still annoying), the latter and seemingly not reproducible problem i've never solved.

well, i just want to report that i successfully cloned my T61 (including service partition) after upgrading to TI 2009 build 9709. i followed my preferred procedure (boot to USB thumb drive with Acronis boot media installed, source HDD internal, target HDD in Ultrabay adapter). it was painless. my only regret is not having purchased the upgrade sooner!

2. bigskyintl

bigskyintl Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.