Learning Mode

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by trjam, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

ok, you live it in learning mode for 2 weeks. Do you then put it in Policy based or Interactive. This actually reminds me on OA and how it worked and may work very well for Eset and setting up the HIPS.

2. Galaxykiss

Galaxykiss Registered Member

two weeks is a very long time. i think two days is just fine.

3. ashishsingh1508

ashishsingh1508 Registered Member

But in learning mode it will allow everything which is not good

4. NoobStick

NoobStick Guest

Hello trjam

Fist of all a little statement, I am a noob to the tool HIPS. With that said I have been playing around trying to get a better grib to this powerful tool. After a learning periode for 4 days, I set it in Interactive mode, because I felt that it gave me a better control, than Policy based mode. The real challenge for me was to understand/ read the HIPS notifications correctly. For that purpose I used Google, to cast some light on these notifications that was not obviously. But I must admit it demands some footwork to get into the HIPS universe but it's worth the time .Maby over time Eset will combine there cloud and HIPS, why they have not done that is probably because they are worried that it will give to many false positives. Personally I think that this fusion between Cloud and HIPS will also come to Eset over time.

Best Regards

NoobStick :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.