LaunchMonitor SDK by the AntiHook people

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by StevieO, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

I was recently over at http://www.infoprocess.com.au/ looking for the latest info on AntiHook 2.5, and noticed something i had forgotten about. It's description sounds as if other Apps may cover what it does, maybe just in part, or whole ? But what makes me wonder if something unique is going on under the hood, is the price $199.95 ! and also the very small file size for such an App at Only 255K !

I tried to find out more about exactly what it does and how it operates etc from the above link, but couldn't seem to see any more than what's below ? Info from google etc was very scarce too ! Also there didn't seem to be any way to purchase it, but i was able to DL the demo.

Has this been abandend or not ?

. . .

LaunchMonitor SDK

Stop malicious code from starting malware programs and protect your applications from being terminated.

LaunchMonitor is a new security framework for detecting and preventing malicious code from launching unwanted programs and terminating critical for user’s machine applications.

A core component of LaunchMonitor SDK is a kernel mode device driver that allows the client applications to register callbacks for detecting processes being created and terminated.

LaunchMonitor provides an out-of-the box solution for all end users.

Free to try; $199.95 to buy

Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server

StevieO

2. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Glad you brought that up. I had been harboring the exact same question myself and decided to email the author and creator of LaunchMonitor.

Here was my reply!

Removed - Please do not post private email on these forums. - Ron

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2006
  3. NoHolyGrail

NoHolyGrail Registered Member

LaunchMonitor SDK is basically a minimalist version of programs like Process Guard, that lets you permit/block any process/program that wants to run. The only unique thing is that it has no GUI.

It just sits in the system tray and gives you a popup if anything new tries to run...if you choose to "always block" I can see no way to go back and change that decision, other than using the context menu to switch over to the "training mode" in which everything is permitted.

Where did you see that $200 price tag? I can't find it on their site.

4. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.