Laughing sound from PC ?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by beads, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beads

beads Registered Member

I know I'm not hearing things here, though the speakers have been turned way down. Has anyone heard of a malware that plays a quick laughing sound? No more than a second, second and a half as if the PC is "laughing" at me. As in: Haha ha... Then its done. I have heard this atleast 3 times today. No set pattern to when its going to go off or what triggers it but I know its there! LOL. No pun intended!

Feel like I should be posting on one of those really bad paranormal sites as well. Yep, tried a bunch of the usual suspects as far as spyware, virus, malware sites go - Nothing detected.

If worse comes to worse I'll call trend and see if they can capture it. Now, back to PE (world) to find anything odd.

- beads

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Re: Laughing?

It's a weird one! One thread here.

3. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

4. beads

beads Registered Member

Re: Laughing?

Atleast I'm "not as alone" as I thought I was.

Not picking anything up in PE that seems out of place. The thread above seemed to get closer but there is no IM on this machine. So, at the very least its not directly related to IM in exclusivitiy. Could be more than one form of the same thing though I would agree with the posters description of the malware.

- beads

5. AvianFlux

AvianFlux Registered Member

I had one that sounded like a creaking door opening slowly followed by the sound of a door slamming shut a few seconds/minutes later. I ran a cleaner which got rid of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.