Latest Windows Updates fail to install.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nadirah, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I'm using Microsoft Update and it seemingly fails to install the updates repeatedly. Any ideas why? Cos I can't think of any. What's wrong with the updateso_O :doubt: I'm waiting for a reply.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I just fixed the windows updates bug causing svchost.exe to consume 100% of CPU time. I even emptied out the windows update temp folder and tried to install the updates again but it still fails. :doubt:

3. Lamehand

Lamehand Registered Member

the Netherlands,very near to the North sea
  4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Due to a similar CPU experience when downloading some of the latest updates....after trial and error\event viewer items....etc....I temporarily un-checked the .Net 2.0 update and the event viewer showed no more problems and the updates were successful.

Bubba

5. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

I have the same problem. All the updates went fine except Number 923191. Installed manually from the link above without problem. Would be nice to know what the problem was though. The MSforum suggest that firewall is blocking. I disagree as all the others went fine:p

6. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hey guys,

A similar problem has occurred on only one computer not others, so it may be system/configuration specific.
    The windows update site (not automatic updates) download would stall part way through. In my case, one update would download then it would stall on KB924496, requiring termination of IE.

There were two workarounds for this. Only one of the two was necessary on this computer.
    1. Quit/Unload IMON in NOD32. Disabling IMON was not enough. Start/Load IMON when done with updates.
    2. Completely disable Outpost Firewall. Both version 3.51 and 4 behaved the same way. Reload Outpost when done with updates.

I don't know why it works, but after long trial and error tests, these are the only things that worked for this particular computer.

7. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    It's always best to wait a week after the updates unroll to see what and which and where and how problems occur.
    Mrk

8. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Good advice.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.