Latest Windows updates botched on Windows 7

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Fly, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Fly

Fly Registered Member

It's getting a tiresome refrain.

I got the 'screen of colors'. Computer unusable, I really had to mess around with some things to be able to restore an old functioning image ! No clue as to what happened.

For another two update, I got an error number. No details as to what went wrong. Two failed updates this time.

After looking into it, this has not been the first time an update failed to install. Only recently things got very messy.

I do realize that my computer has been modified a bit. Soon after a started using the device I tweaked a few services and a few other things, albeit very cautiously.

Is it really worth it ? So many updates every single time, the updates to IE 9 are getting ridiculous.

Well, some time ago I had decided to stop installing updates. For several reasons (including conditions for internet banking) I decided to continue updating for a while.

I think I learned my lessons. No more updates, with a few exceptions perhaps.

2. fblais

fblais Registered Member

No problem here on 6 machines I've updated in the last hours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.