Latest iPhone ... disappointing?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by aigle, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

What do you think about it? I don,t feel good. Apple did not give much for competition to the Androids and windows phones. It will be un-healthy for customers IMHO.

:mad: :thumbd:

Hope they don,t do same with next iPad.

2. overangry

overangry Registered Member

iphone 1 through to iphone 4 are just toys, apart from minor changes nothing has really changed.

Wouldn't buy one ever again, not even if it made me "coffee in the morning".

The Apps are a good selling point, but if you need reliable call quality...o_O

Went back to using a real phone, designed to make and receive calls my Nokia E63.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I think the latest iphone is a nice incremental upgrade. Sure it doesnt pack cutting edge technology but then again i'd say the majority of consumers dont really care about wats under the hood. They're after a great user experience which the iphone 4 delievered and no doubt the iphone 5 will continue to deliver.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

iPhone not reliable for calling? Seems odd, I though that there were some antenna issues though.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Yes but a totally new device is good for customers( us) as it fuels the competition and sets new standards/ goals for other vendors. Sadly latest iPhone will not be able to do a good job in this regard.

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

With all the suing going on lately and wanting to ban imports, iPhone may end up being the only one there is. It's crazy out there. I've used an iphone a couple of times, it never impressed me, and I too had call quality issues.

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

You were holding it the wrong way :p

Nah seriously I think those issues were solved in the later version :)

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Lol :D Apple really shot itself in the foot over that, but yeah, that particular issue was dealt with later..I think.

9. njespo

njespo Registered Member

i have an iphone 3gs that i'm selling for 150 (paid 50) so i'll use the add'l proceeds to buy the 4gs....i figure at the very least in the future should i choose to do so i can sell it and trade up to an iphone 5 for little or no add'l $$

10. farmerlee

Siri looks awesome from what i've seen in the videos, it definitely has me interested. The original iphone 4 did have antenna issues but by the looks of it they've come up with some innovative duel antenna design in the 4s which is supposedly a world first for a mobile phone. I guess we'll have to wait for a full review to see how good this is.

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I've used iPhones previously (Never owned one though and never will :D) to be honest it was pretty fun, the games etc.
    But when i use Android phones i always feel they run a lot better and they give them more choice, lots of random (Yeah many crappy apps too) apps and they give you lots of flexiblity, great community for rooting etc, it's just totally awesome for a geek :D :D

13. farmerlee

Only issue i have with android is the huge differences you can get in regards to user experience. I've used some phones that were simply amazing and others like my current optimus 2X where the experience is rather crap. At least with apple, on all devices you get the same pleasant experience which is why i'll probably be ditching my current phone for an iphone 4s.

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Your Optimus 2X is always welcome here :D
    J/K J/K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.