Latest component updates for v3.0.672 grind my laptop to a halt!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dsi-ap, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

Since the update a day ago my laptop has ground to a halt, to the point that when i log onto my desktop I get no further response when lounching programs. Outlook 2007 crashes after lounch. IE, Windows Explorer, etc.. grind to a halt as well.

On after disabling the NOD ESET service in Safe MOde and going back in on the normal desktop I could continue using my laptop as normal.

This is not the kind of service am used to with ESET and have been a user for many years. Since upgrading to v3 it seems alot more intensive than usual, although I agree for the better, but still think this version needs to be more streamlined and effective like v2.7 always used to be.

Have looked through the event log and see other services grinding to a halt with no obvious reason to their failure. Will not attach the errors here as the problem resolved it self right after disabling nod.

Using latest NOD RAC to many clients/servers on the network as well, so like to avoid this affecting all my other users as well.

Feedback on this appreciated, thanks.

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

I've had a couple of instances of the PC freezing when loading the desktop in the last few days. NOD32 splash screen comes up and then that's it. Solution was to boot to Safe Mode, disable the NOD32 Services, reboot into Normal Mode and uninstall NOD32, reboot and then reinstall NOD32. After that it was OK until this morning when i had another freeze on the splash screen.

3. Larix

Larix Registered Member

I can confirm that freeze bug. I have it, too.

4. NonSuch

NonSuch Registered Member

I have the same problem.

5. SaphireX

SaphireX Registered Member

This mornings update seemed to block and stall some of my POP3 email accounts from working vis a vis thru Outlook. It also seemed to slow down my d/l speeds as well..

Rebooted- no change

The 3481 update that came this afternoon seems to have "fixed" the issues caused by the earlier update.

Running the 64-bit version of NOD 3.0.672

SaphireX

6. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

I had this type of issue recently on two different computers of mine the only difference was I am using ESS. One is a laptop with vista and the other is a desktop with winxp. I thought it was a fluke when the first one was affected, but then when the other had the same issue I started to worry about what is going on with ESS. One computer couldn't even get to the desktop, and the other made it there, but erkn was using 100% cpu. I went back to Nod32 2.7 a/v for now as a solution.

7. Clouseau219

Clouseau219 Registered Member

We had a similar issue.

We have about 45 pc in our domain.
    Today some pc's have problems. After the process network initializations, the system hag at the point where they get the computer settings from the DC, In German it is called Computereinstellungen werden geladen". The logon screen never comes. After uninstall of nod32 v3 everything works fine. I installed the nod new without ThreatSense.net and protection for unwanted programs, sorry I don't now the exact english messages, the use can login, and every thing is working. I hope next business day too :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.