Last night everything worked, today no HTTP would work

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Stoneysilence, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoneysilence

Stoneysilence Registered Member

Last night I was able to surf the internet fine. This morning I woke up and no HTTP/web browser would work. I finally just now figured out the problem. Something happened with Nod32 3. I have to exclude Firefox from scanning in order to access the internet. If it is scanned (or any browser is checked for scanning) I can no longer access the internet. Weird thing is that I even tried temporarily disabling NOD32 and that didn't solve anything. I had to go into the options to HTTP and uncheck Firefox as a browser so I could access the net.

Anybody else have this happen to them? Nothing changed on my end overnight. Only thing is it downloaded a update for the signatures overnight.

2. Stoneysilence

Stoneysilence Registered Member

Just downloaded and updated to the latest version 3.0.642.0. Still no change, all programs marked as browsers for HTTP filtering will not access the net. Only way to get them to access the net is to exclude them (red X). Even unchecking the box will not fix it.

Vista Business 32-bit
    C2D E6600
    8800GT
    2GB ram

EDIT: Forgot to mention this affects email as well (Outlook). I have to uncheck Outlook as being a email client for it to download email anymore.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  3. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Fine here. All updates installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.