Largest update of signatures to date!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rumpstah, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

this particular update looks like it might be even larger than anyone might think - notice how the last character on the update list is a comma - any idea if they hit an internal limit on the database field - or is that last comma a mistake?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  2. DanL

DanL Registered Member

I'm running NOD32 on two computers, desktop and laptop.
    They were both turned on and connected on the same network.
    The desktop updated automatically Thursday night while the laptop did not.
    Sometimes they will update at different times but usually within an hour.

Friday morning I tried manually updating the laptop and got the
    "your version of nod32 is up to date" window even though it showed signature database 1.990.
    It took several attempts to manually download the update before it finally worked.

3. claire

claire Guest

Hi,

My friend is still unable to update his trial version to database1991.He will surely not buy
    NOD32 :(

This is not a good advertisement for NOD and Eset does not seem to care about it

4. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Your friend will be missing out on a great A/V. I would hope he try to get this resolved instead of missing out on NOD32.

Thanks,

Chris

5. claire

claire Guest

Hi Chris12923,

I hope so since I am the one who advised him to give NOD a try :oops:

But I must agree with him that if the trial version does not work flawlessly
    there is no reason for him to buy the program.
    And all the answer to his problem until now is "wait and see".It does not give you a "security feeling"

Have a great sunday

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Claire, it is only wait and see because it is the trial version which updates from different servers, as well it is a weekend, so I think we will have more answers come monday in Slovakia.

Cheers :D

7. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Claire: a test version of for instance Panda gives one update for a whole month...

And Blackspear is right on this, the bought version has different servers and they always work. While the trial works different. And quite right so... looking at all the illegal keys and solutions posted on the web.

8. vlamac10

vlamac10 Guest

I have 7 desktop PC on the same internet connection and installed NOD32 2.0 I update every day..On Friday (4 Feb) on 5 of my computers the new update to 1.991 was ok but on the others "no new update necessary"..but later I was able to update them too..

Today I tried to update to 1.992 and everything was alright but then when I clicked on "Update" NOD offered me the new update 1.992 with the size of 0 bytes....and it is going like this again and again...Have you experienced this too or am I the only one with this issue?? Thank you..

(NOD32 2.0 2.12.3 normal bought legal copy, using NOD since DOS versions):rolleyes:))

9. claire

claire Guest

Well Blackspear the week end is over now and still no updates available for the trial users :'(

An ESET does not seem to care much about it unfortunately

BTW this is not important but my friend dumped NOD and gives a try to KAV.
    Absolutely no problem until now

Have a great day

10. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Maybe all the added sigs фку тще дшыеув сщы еру дшые шеыуда шы йгше ещщ дщтп :cool:

11. waters

waters Registered Member

1 week into trial and no updates.
    Removed nod.If nod are not going to update trial version they should state this on there website. It states updates may be longer .

12. Lefhark

Lefhark Guest

I had the same problem as "your friend". Strangely changing the update settings to "automatic" for virus-database and "offer" for components solved it and i was able to update again.

-Lef

13. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I think you will probably find that it was such a large update that Eset wanted to ensure their paying customers received the update without any possible issues, thus Trial version users are now seeing their versions updating as per normal...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.