Large Price Increase

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by illuminati, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illuminati

illuminati Registered Member

I am very disappointed with Eset. The company I work for purchased Nod32 last year based in large part on my recommendation and experience with Nod32. When we purchased, we also had an agreement on price for the 2nd year when we renewed; the price for 2nd year renewal was included on the purchase order. The sales person at Eset that we worked with last year, has left. The new sales person refuses to honor the agreement, and has increased the price per client for us to renew by 26% above the original price of our Nod32 purchase) last year. If this is a typical part of Eset's business practice, they will have lost us as a customer.

I will not say a lot more at this time, since I need to cool off some before I post anymore. We left Symantec last year for Nod, because we believed it to be a better product (I still believe that), and for better pricing. The price we were quoted for renewal is substantially above what we were paying for Symantec last year.

Sincerely;
    Illuminati

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Only going by what you have expressed so far....I would definetly have an issue also regardless of what product it might be if I had that in my possesion. As with any business there are individuals the new sales person has to answer to which might be the individual that needs to have your full attention.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I've asked colleagues from the US sales department to investigate this case and comment on it.

4. illuminati

Thanks for the feedback guys. I would really be overjoyed to find out this was just a misunderstanding.

5. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Lesson 1, get it in writing.;)

6. illuminati

It's in writing. The problem is getting it honored. Hopefully that will be worked out.

7. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

With it in writing I hope ESET honour it for your your company. ;)

8. illuminati

I hope so too Joliet Jake. I'll post here if anything changes.

9. illuminati

Marcos, thanks for asking the US sales staff to comment. Are they likely to respond here on the forums?

10. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

If Eset promised a good deal previously with the previous employee than by rights they should keep that promise. Also did you get it in writing as you can use this to back you up, even in case of future court settlements. Eset by rights should honour your renew and what you were promised in the past and this is not the time to upset someone like yourself. If I were you I would take this further with higher management from Eset and see what they say. Eset are a top company that makes a top antivirus product but this childish behaviour of their has to go out the door.

Good luck !!!

11. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

Hope you get this settled, sucks :(

12. whistl3r

whistl3r Registered Member

Say the least, not very good customer relations.

Regardless, if this 'new' salesman is refusing to honor the deal, in spite of being in a foreign market, or was poorly trained, I would suggest eset look into this employees work ethic and deal with it properly. ESET has no choice but to honor it. Specifically if it's in writting; this is plausible for litigation.

I engourage that you seek out a new sales rep to represent you.

13. illuminati

Thanks for all the supporting comments everyone. We are trying to work this out, but are having trouble getting call backs from the sales rep. Will likely try to bypass to some higher level.

14. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Illuminati,
    I've talked to our US colleagues and they suggested that you drop an email to sales[at]eset.us with a link to this thread and promissed to respond to your inquiry ASAP. Since business matters shouldn't be discussed at Wilders, the thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.