Laptop SATA to IDE adapter... Do they exist?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by m00nbl00d, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Hello,

I have in hands a laptop that only supports IDE hard disks. Since it has a 60 GB hard disk, I want to replace it with a new hard disk with more capacity. But, if possible I'd like to buy a SATA hard disk because IDE hard disks for laptops are too expensive, more than the double.

I know that there are SATA to IDE adapters, but so far I couldn't find any for laptops.

Do you know of any? If they even exist for laptops, that is.

Thank you

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I've found this hxxp://www.cooldrives.com/2sahadrtoide.html

Not sure if it would fit though. Need to check it out, the size of the disk, the size of the laptop hard disk compartment, the size of the adapter... Heck.

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I've not seen any that will work in laptops, only ones like linked right above me..which work with the 2.5" drives but in enclosures that are larger than laptops. The problem with most laptop drives is, that they are shoved into a drive caddy, tightly, which then itself gets shoved into the laptop. Thus little to pretty much no room for some gender bender adapter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.