LAPTOP PROBLEM !!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Cyber TeZz, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyber TeZz

Cyber TeZz Guest

Hi, i backed my tiny laptop with trueimage, before it was sent away for repair, on return the laptop had been replaced with a completely different make of laptop, and now cant restore my image of the drive, now i know the answer is probably that i cant because of the hardware change, and if i new they was going to completly change the laptop i would of run sysprep.exe in windows XP, and would not have the problem of restoring the image like i have now.

Is it not possible to restore that image back to the new laptop? and if not is there a way of extracting the image to get any of my files backo_O

many thanks in advance, CyBeR-TeZz

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Cyber TeZz,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

The only way to restore your files is to install Acronis True Image on your new laptop and then explore the image file you have previously made.

Thank you.

3. dragonn1083

dragonn1083 Registered Member

Please email me as well if u got the solution, i am having a same problem. similar seneraio but this is my problem: I started Acronis True Image 8.0 from bootable rescue disks in order to restore the image from an archive located on a network drive, but I can't find the desired computer on the network.

Please help me!!! :mad: dragonn1083@yahoo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.