laptop Display gone, after i converted MBR disk into GPT

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by prajesh, Aug 12, 2015.

1. prajesh

prajesh Registered Member

I hav hp laptop hp15r033tx. While installing windows 8.1, it says "windiws cant be install as it has MBR table, it should be GPT disk". So i converted MBR disk into GPT using AOMEI partition assistant software and after i restart, it was not displaying anything.
    Please sumone help me
    What is a solution for this? I guess motherboard didnt support EFI/UEFI

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

First I'd boot a LiveCD to make sure it's not a coincidental hardware failure.

3. prajesh

prajesh Registered Member

I tried to boot with CD And USB tooo
    But nothing was displayed
    I cant even go to bios.. :(

4. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

Changing a HDD from mbr to GPT can in no way do anything to your display. It looks like your video chip has died. Which video chip does this laptop have? Is your system able to POST, ie do you see anything on the screen when you power it on?

5. Rolo42

Rolo42 Registered Member

I would suspect a heat issue, the lid-closed switch, or the cable from the chassis to the display before suspecting the GPU. Make sure it's clean and let it cool off before trying again.

I would unplug it, remove the battery, clean it, check the lid switch and toggle it a few times directly or indirectly by opening closing the lid, plug everything back in and try to get to the BIOS.

If you still don't have a display, toggle the display function (internal/external/both, usually Fn key + another key); if that doesn't work, try an external display to isolate the problem between the computer itself and the display.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.