Language Software Alternatives

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Searching_ _ _, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

I had wanted so much to try Rosetta stone software to see what it was about. I could not afford the $500 to give it a go.
    The more I read about my language of choice, there wasn't much difference, according to sum, between Rosetta Stone and their competitors. I read user reviews to understand what and why and they lead me to an alternative to the Rosetta Stone type programs.

http://fsi-language-courses.org/Content.php

Since the Foreign Service trains Diplomats and associated employees in languages for the countries to which they are going, I am sure that a goal of the course is for native language speaking and understanding. Who wants an international incident, the cause being a mistranslation or conveyance of foreign policy that is misconstrued.

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Thanks. Always looking for these. Too bad there's nothing for Dutch/Flemish but at least there is French for Belgium which fits half of my interests.:cool:

3. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Your welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.