LAN Setup too hard

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by BetterIT, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BetterIT

BetterIT Registered Member

This is a great firewall and the fastest I have tested. It's nice to see well written code for a change.

However, I can not recommend this as a product until it is easier to set it up for a home network. I would like to see a "tick this box' to allow LAN use as seen in some other firewalls.

When this is done, I think LNS will be the first choice for those wanting a firewall that has the best speed and lowest system resource use.

2. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I don't have a home network as in sharing files/printer etc but my desktop and laptop do share my connection via a router.
    I am waitng for my main PC to be upgraded and hoped to purchase LnS.

I hope the complications are just when sharing files/folders between computers as I really would like the light load of LnS compared to Outpost.
    I have no problems using my PC & LT independently on the same line with OP on both - will this be the same with LnS?

3. wreckwriter

wreckwriter Registered Member

All you have to do is download and import a small file from the LnS site. It worked flawlessly for me.

4. BetterIT

BetterIT Registered Member

ok. What's the link though? I saw one for Norton, but I use nod32.

It would still be better for users to tick a box rather than go searching for a patch.

5. wreckwriter

wreckwriter Registered Member

http://www.looknstop.com/En/rules/rules.htm

Its under "Network, Various", called "File sharing on a local network".

Perhaps it would be better, I agree, but this is quick and easy enough. It worked perfectly for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.