Lack of sleep saps men's brain power .....

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by eyes-open, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

new scientist

Hi-ho the boffins are bashin' me brain again :p

Apparently when folks share their bed, it results in less satisfactory sleep than when sleeping alone. Women it seems are able to compensate with a deeper level of sleep. Men alas don't....... instead we experience greater levels of stress producing hormones - as a result it affects our ability to perform cognitive tasks the next day.

So way to go - tell the insomniacs of the World they've got something else to worry about - cos' that's gonna help folks sleep at night :ouch: :)

My only hope is that eventually, I reach the point at which I realise that insomnia is nothing to lose sleep over - leastways there's a chance it will help me forget all about my amnesia.......

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/andysnaps/hibbear.jpg

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather.... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

2. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Alas my young e-o,

I wunder if you'll ever lern? I doubt if lack of...or extry sleep wud make no never minds in yore particulars. There are plenty of saps out there who gets their 8 hrs...plus naps... an nobuddys the wiser!

My Uncle Guido once tole mee...."A penny saved don't amount to a hill of beans"! It reely makes yoo paws don't it?

Tapping the Maple trees, Sappy ed

3. eyes-open

It's all very well, but is this stuff cumulative, does it get worse as time goes on ? I was going to be famous ...... I had ambitions - for instance, I'd kill to win one of those Nobel peace prizes ! Oh I know what people will say, get rid of the lass, free yourself, but honestly - we've been married so long now, it's almost like she's family......:D

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  4. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Sorry to hear that. :doubt: But this is actually nothing new. :rolleyes:

5. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Gadzooks young e-o....what a sap!

Acourse it's progressive! Look at Chise, look in the mirror....look at the last poster! I, on the other hand, was able to avoid this conumdrum when, while still a newborn in the nursery, they wuz passing out brains....I thought they said trains....so I chose a Lionel! In all these years it has never jumped the track but I do fall down occassionally.

Looking for cracks in the sidewalk, o_O ed

6. eyes-open

[MOVE]:p :p :p ;) :-* :D
    [/MOVE]
    Sheesh - I heard 'em say drains and asked for mine to be cleared ........ :ouch:

7. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Clickitty clack an don't look back (a famoose RR saying)...young e-o!

You'll sleep much better iffin yoo cleans yore ears once a wk w/a pipe cleaner. It's a powerful remedy to remoove the residual sap that cumulates in the Spring wen all the saps start runnin! Remember to wear yore sneakers when runnin...yoo'll sleep better come nap time!

Osmosis rules, Lack of ed

8. ~*Nat*~

How do you know that he is young o_O

I know that YOU are older than dirt (your own words!), but....

Who usually sleeps better ?

Young or Old peeps ?? :blink:

9. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Gimmie a break Nattie....not literally tho!

As yoo kin plainly see frum my avatar....created by the 40'ish Big Beaner.....I'm forever 5 yrs old. A corse I have dirt under my fingernails lots older than that. Whenever I suffers frum lack of sleep I power my brain down so's the sap don't drip out!

I'm a men's man, Dozer ed

10. eyes-open

Cor blimey - I tries to better meself and the next thing I know - I'm being carbon dated by Goth Gal.

Well I've got a plan see Nutty Natty. I've rested me brain, done some maths and realised what this thread needs is some new blood. I know just how to get it as well - a picture of Tux.

I found out it's like catnip for our overworked mods :-* . You'll see, just like the Batlamp - they can't ignore it :) . Before the virtual ink has even dried they'll be here, making you behave and telling me how clever I am for knowing how to introduce style and dignity to a thread :p

11. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Holy Batlamps my sapped n sleepy e-o,

A little quakka moly goes a long way when yore chips run low. Style and dignity are akin to pompy circumstance an we all know how the Brits are at putting in on a Ritz. I allus goes for the crackers after a nap.

Swallowed by Capistrano, Crispy ed

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2006
  12. ~*Nat*~

13. eyes-open

14. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Ahoy....my young e-o,

Yoo allus seems to present sum pretty tricky questions. As I just got up frum me nap my brain hasn't powered up yet! Lessee now...whom cud that bee? I lack the faculties momentarily but the men's group down at the coffee shop (a bunch of saps) are usually quite astoot. I'll let yoo no the result of the vote!

Free at last...free at last...thank God almighty....Freed

15. ~*Nat*~

Hmmmm....for some strange reasons I have a feeling that
    somebody/some bodies is/are accusing lil innocent me of somethin'...:shifty:

My brainpower makes me sense it...

:ninja:

16. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Can't get anythin by yoo Nattie...yore pretty astoot!

Lessee now....young e-o 'n mee thinks that sumbuddy in this thread is ever so slightly goofy. He 'n mee wud never name names as wheeze gentlemens. The fact that there is ony wun udder poster makes no never minds an we wud not want to hurt her that un-named person's feelings.

Brain power ain't all it's cracked up to bee, Lackey ed

17. ~*Nat*~

Your brain sometimes lack!

No seriously now. My grandmommy had false teeth, right,... and she was real talented with her toungue, turning her false teeth all the way around in her mouth. And everytime she spoke, her teeth would shatter and make that kind of noise. Heh...my brain
    still remembers it to this day ! :D

Eddy...do yours do the same ?? :) Or ANYBODIES o_O

And I know a Dude, {he's actually a Redneck, very inventive with his brain...it's powerful ! :eek: } he's also pretty cheap and instead of cotton swabs - pipecleaners...he uses his keys to clean his ears. I tell ya...the first time I saw him do it...my mouth dropped.
    WHY aren't WE using our BRAINS, and do things that are economically efficiant, useful, and doesn't cost a thing !??

I think they both have/had a brain as that of an elephant !
    Really smart, don't ya THINK ?? :cool:

All powers to the 'Brains" !!!
    [​IMG]

18. dog

dog Guest

As this thread has now run it's course - it is now closed.

On to bigger and better things ~Please~ :doubt: . ;)

Regards;

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.