Lack of legal online choice resulting in TV piracy, says Spotify executive

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SweX, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/1254...esulting-in-tv-piracy-says-spotify-executive/

2. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

Hmm, I disagree that Spotify is more convenient than piracy. In fact, I still believe that the relative lack of ownership options online at decent pricing is a reason piracy still flourishes. Renting through services like Spotify is alright for a time. But eventually, you pay for a song, album or film several times over what it would cost at the most expensive store. In some ways, I wonder if creations like iTunes and others haven't actually made the lack of money flowing in worse. They are indeed better for artists and others who might simply see their creations lifted from the Pirate Bay. But with the very unfortunate amount of money they see from digital purchases and streaming, I would argue that they are still being stolen from, considering who actually pockets the largest portion of the profit.

A sweet spot needs to be found for full albums and films. One which is a decent price that the public is still willing to pay, and one in which the creators of the content are making enough that going into the studio or walking on a sound stage seems worth their time. One thing that needs to be removed is the purchase of singles from iTunes and related services. The only one making money from that are the services themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.