lack of communications from Acronis Support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chasster123, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chasster123

chasster123 Registered Member

The following is part of a series of emails regarding the INABILITY of putting an imagae on CD/DVD for remote archival.
    About a dozen email have been sent to the INFO@ address with an array of side-stepping answers and basic request.
    I've been in the international computer world for 30+ years and would not tollerate the types of responses that I have received.

From what I can see on this forum there are many other complaints of the same order.

I'd like to hear a REAL answer from Acronis as to the status and resolution of the problem.

cheers,
    cs

============
    THE DAMN SOFTWARE WILL NOT CREATE A 2Gig IMAGE.

It created a 4+GB and a 1.8GB image from and to FAT32 partitions.

You people are clearly screwing up your change to market this product.

All you have to do is look at your own forum to see that MANY COMPLAINTS are around the same subject.

I know that I have sent nearly a dozen emails regarding this problem and NO ONE seems to have a technical or managerial CLUE.

Lets try this again, TRUE IMAGE V8 WILL NOT PUT SUCCESSFULLY AN IMAGE ON CD/DVD FOR USE IN REMOTE STORAGE FUNCTIONS OF DISASTER RECOVERY.

IF YOU CAN'T GET IT ONTO A REMOVABLE IMAGE YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR MISLEADING TEXT OR TERMINATE SOME ENGINEERS AND MANAGERS.

charles sterling
    281-773-7621
    www.astronet.net

-----Original Message-----
    From: Acronis Support Department [mailto:info@acronis.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 1:48 AM
    To: ecs@hal-pc.org
    Subject: [business] [Acronis #159869] clarification request

Hello,

So, you create an image archive (three ~2GB volumes) and save it to the hard disk, don't you? The image archive is reported to be corrupt, right? Did you try to verify it with the Check Image tool?

Please let me know, if I understand something wrong, and we will do our best in order to figure this problem out.

--
    Best regards,
    Michael Gilkin

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis support department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

2. sconnell

sconnell Guest

Perhaps YOU should learn how to write a problem report without resorting to child-like behavior!

I would have ignored this post if it wasn't for the fact that you claimed 30 years of experience! I seriously doubt it but that's not important anyway.

I can tell you in all honestly that I've been about to successfully do what you apparently cannot do. This must mean that you have bad hardware, inability to understand the software or all the above.

On the other hand, your complaint is very difficult to comprehend so perhaps I've misunderstood.

Seriously though Charles, I meant no offense but showing that kind of attitude really doesn't help your situation!

No, I do not work for Acronis but I do empathize with them since I'm also involved in support.

Shawn

3. tr8der

tr8der Registered Member

Hi cs-

I've had the same issue and was at my wits end trying to get TI to work. The good thing is that there are very helpful people who seem to take the time to help in this forum.

The work around that i have (thanks to Menorcaman) is to set the size of the files to 635 MB you can type that into the combo box when ask for a size of the file. THen what TI will do is to create a number of files no larger then a smidge > 635 MB. Read https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=303060&postcount=2 and also read his post about sizes in option 2.

I then wrote those files 7 at a time to dvds which about filled up the disk and everything works like a charm. One issue I learned from techsupp is that you need to have all the files from your image in one direcotry to prevent the corruption message.

I would certainly suggest testing the boot disk before I put 100% faith into it.

Don't give up on this tool because one you do get it to work, it's awesome.

Hope it helps. Gordon

4. chasster123

We all have the right to our opinions.

Perhaps had I included the fact that this conversation with Acronis Support was WEEKS OLD and had survived many emails prior to this posting yours may/not have been different?

The general response from their support team was to step around answering the questions, answer only part of the original question, request the field to perform their internal product testing and to provide them with usage guidance on how the product was to be used in the field.

After weeks of exchange, I finally had enough and located the forum and made the previous posting.

To wit we can all choose many things, if a vendor does not respond to the request from the field, relating to product issues, then one must consider the dept or seriousness of which to promote or use the product.

At this point, Acronis has yet to illustrate a reasonable effort to address the external media issue, regardless of who has submitted all of the many references within this forum.

I will be making one last effort of communicating with them, should at that time the results still prove negative I will instruct each entity that has purchased a Acronis product to seek immediate refund.

cheers,
    cs

5. chasster123

I’ll try a smaller size; too bad the support team has not suggested this as an approach to seek a functional means of creating off-site archival.

I have entered 2000000000 byte size to create <2GB segments and as long as on a disk partition they too seem to be OK. In this sizing, the output DVD can perform well as one or two DVD’s will cover the size of many C-drive configurations. This is what is still part of the attraction and yet the miss illusion from their paperwork.

I followed your URL reference and will pursue yet another experiment.

Cheers,
    cs

6. Zintar

Zintar Guest

Sorry Charles, but I'm also unable to understand the message you posted. If you sent that to me, I'd have to reply with questions too - really basic ones to start with.

7. chasster123

What you see in the first post is their response to only part of the previous email to them.

It is the fact that they did not respond to me and my direct questions that I posted that specifice email exactly the way that it came back to me.

It was at that point that I had reached a loss point of communicating with them.

NOTE: I am testing build 786 and first pass holds promise to provide the needed external archival function that this product ought to have.

I'll be back after a bit more testing with 786.

cs

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chasster123,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Could you please describe all your actions in wizard (what button do you press and what happens after that) so that we haven't got any misconception. I will do my best in order to solve all the problems you encounter using Acronis software.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

9. chasster123

At this point it would likely be best to start fresh with a list of expectations on how the software would be used.

If you'd email me directly I'll describe a couple of sequences that are of key concern.

cheers,
    cs

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chasster123,

Please send me a private message with this information.

--
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.