L n S v Leak Tests

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by TerryWood, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

I am using L n S v2.05p2 with the Phantom Ruleset v6 to bolster the security of L n S

The reason for using Phantom is simply that i do not have the skills to develop my own. Since I do not have any really special needs Phantom seems to meet my needs as a novice with little involvement.

I have bcome concerned recently because the new version of L n S is still in beta and there are increasing comments that L n S does not pass all the leak tests.

QUESTIONS

1) Does L n S v2.05p2 pass all the leaktests?

2) If it does not what is the point of having beefed up rulesets?

3) Which is best L n S which completely passes leaktests and modest rulesets or Lns which fails the odd leaktest with rock solid rulesets?

Thanks for your help

Terry

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Notion of Phant0m`` Ruleset is to provide heavy set of filters for blocking unsolicited - malicious - malformed and traffic packets generating from the outside.

To provide administrator Ruleset to handle with various illegal outgoing packets, the Look ‘n’ Stop ‘Internet Filtering’ rules limit will need to be increased a bit more then just to have the 100 rules limit.

For the meantime you have a very large list of options to handle leaktests and malicious activities generating from your machines. Starting with but not limited to Looknstop Application-Filtering layer, wide range of payware now like Process Guard, AppDefender, SSM and so on, freeware like Anti-Hook, SSM-free and more.

3. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Phantom

thanks for your reply. How do I use application layer filtering (as you seem to suggest) to deal with leak tests that L n S fails.

Can you give an example for me to follow.

Many thanks

Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.