Kudos to Acronis!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CorkyG, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorkyG

CorkyG Registered Member

You have succeeded with TI 11! I upgraded from 10, and this morining put it to the acid test - cloning a Vista laptop drive. Unlike version 10/4297, no repair of the boot sector was necessary. Both the source and target drives worked perfectly. Prepararion of the bootable rescue media (CDR and flash device) was flawless and they both worked.

My hearty congratulations on a job well done. I am not a backup/restore person - never have been. My schtick is a complete duplicate HDD via cloning - no restoration necessary. Just swap drives and go. This never worked with Vista on any previous version without a repair operation to the boot sector of the cloned drive.

2. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Thanks for letting us know CorkyG it does seem that some people are having success with version 11 I hope this means that Acronis got it right.
    I have been one of the lucky ones and have been able to use version 9 bld. 3667 with success and my hardware seems to like the Linux drivers, but my computer is getting old and if I purchase a new one, I may need version 11 To hear some success stories helps to make a person confident in newer versions.

3. troubledAGAIN

troubledAGAIN Registered Member

I use TI10 and have never had any issues with restoring a backup of Vista. I created an image of the Vista drive from within windows and stored it on a usb external drive. I then installed WinXP onto the laptop an made an image of that install with the TI boot cd and stored it on the same usb drive as the Vista image. I then booted to the cd again and restored the Vista partition and everything booted fine. I have been quite happy with TI9 and 10.

4. CorkyG

CorkyG Registered Member

The issue has never been about backups and restores. It was a cloning problem that version 10 could not do properly without repairing the result with the Vista OS DVD.

Backups are useless unless restored, - that's why I have never bothered with them. I prefer a simple power cable switch - restoration is not part of the equation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.