Kudos to Acronis

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WhyZeeGuy, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyZeeGuy

WhyZeeGuy Registered Member

After years of seamless operation of a critical system with an occasional minor issue, the inevitable arrived this morning, a toasted Hard Drive :oops:

1.5 hours later its back up and running with out any issue, only a few days of missing email ..... :D

Thank you people at Acronis, you made/saved my day........... :thumb:

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

So why did you miss that much email? :)

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

For the future you could change your mail settings so that a copy of your incoming mail stays on your ISP's server. This could down load again on recovery.

Xpilot

4. korona

korona Registered Member

Dear Poster,

I keep all my files/email on a different partition (drive)... that way no matter how many times I image/re-install image my data/emails all are current and up todate plus it make it easy to backup strickly the data.

Example (I use):

C: OS - Image Every Major Program/Update - Backup Using Daily
    D: Pagefile - Backup Never
    I: Internet Files - Those your internet browser cache - Backup Never
    F: All data files - Backup Every Hour

korona

5. WhyZeeGuy

WhyZeeGuy Registered Member

The system is a server; email is setup for personal mail only. I've a notebook, that is also backed up by Acronis, and that's were the work/critical emails reside

6. jelenko

jelenko Registered Member

Right. Full image is not the way to save 'data' files. No need to do full image very often. Data files - as often as you feel comfortable. There are some products available that provide continuous backup for data files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.