Komodo PGMP - Pretty Good Malware Protection

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by guest, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
  2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

From their site it states

Komodo PGMP is a cryptographic protection and compression tool for executable files.

The research, proof of concept code and any other information regarding the Komodo PGMP project should be used for research.

This utility is primarily for anti virus vendors, reverse code engineers, developers, cryptographers, government, forensics analysts, academics and students. The concept behind the code is to promote an idea of the need for change in our current anti virus and intrusion detection technology which we depend on to protect critical information.

We want to see better heuristics and scanning methods developed in the future. The Komodo PGMP project is here to make a contribution to technology and the detection, prevention and research of cryptographic malicious code.

So it seems to encrypt executables and performs heuristics to detect packed binaries (often used by malware autors to pevent recoginistion of teh code by an AV engine).

Regards Kees

3. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Promoted as a PoC to stimulate ideas about defeating malware that uses these ways of keeping undetected - nothing really 'new'

edit : oops looks like I was writing this as Kees was posting.

4. guest

guest Guest

Thanks for the explanation, I didnt find the wiki the first time when I visited the web.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.