Knowledgebase, Contact Customer Care Form

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Dillon, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dillon

Dillon Registered Member

In attempting to 'Submit a case online' from the ESET Knowledgebase Home Support window, in the 'Contact Customer care' form, the 'Case Issue*' field is greyed out and non functional although there is an asterisk indicating this is a required field, when attempting to submit my case, I get an error message advising me to complete the 'Case Issue*' Field.

Any advice would be welcome,

Regards

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You need to select a Case type which will make the Case issue field available. Java script must be enabled for this to work.

3. Dillon

Dillon Registered Member

Thank you for your response.

I had chosen Threats&Error Messages as a Case Type, I also tried alternatives, Java Script is enabled problem still exists.

Edited to add;

I have just accessed the same web form from an alternative computer and a smartphone with the same results, the 'Case Issue*' field is greyed out whatever is chosen in the 'Case Type' field.

Please advise

Regards

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  4. Dillon

Dillon Registered Member

Is this a genuine ESET support forum or am I looking for assistance in the wrong place?

Regards

5. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey Dillon
    If it can be to any comfort, then I can reproduce your issue. Running IE9 64 bit, windows 7, java 7 update 4. Active x disable. ( tried the 32 bit version of ie9, but with same problem) . Tried with the old java version 6. 32 to see if it was a problem with the new version of Java, but same problem showed. ('Case Issue*' field is greyed out and non functional)
    The funny thing is, that it seems that you can submit your case and the 'Case Issue is functional " if you use Google Chrome browser. Hope that it will also work for you. Have to run now studies awaiting. :D

6. Dillon

Dillon Registered Member

Thank you Janus, I have a copy of Safari on my PC, tried that and was successful so thanks again for your response. For the purposes of ESET feedback, What didn’t work for me was IE9 32 bit Windows Vista V6 Build 6002 SP2.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It seems to work with any browser but IE9. I'll look into it further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.