Know Anything About DSL?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Gregory, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregory

Gregory Registered Member

I have switched to DSL and I can't get it to pass a ports scan. Does anybody know what I need to achieve this or is it possible? I can pass them while using my dial-up connection. I have stopped using it until I know more and have unplugged it. Not one port was stealth :eek: My provider did not give me a lot of info on securing it. I really like DSL and don't what I have got into here?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Gregory

I asked my provider if I needed a router and they said that I did not if I was only going to use the connection for one computer. I thought something was missing.Thanks!

4. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi Gregory,

Getting a router as Ronjor suggested is good advice.

I'm on DSL though and i pass 100% stealth on grc.com with just ZA Free ! What FW are you using ? because if you get Zero pass there's somrthing wrong somewhere !

Using a router and a software FW together won't do any harm at all, in fact it's even better.

StevieO

5. Arup

Arup Guest

6. Gregory

Hey StevieO
    I have tried passing it with ZA, Anti-Hacker and Black Ice. I don't know what is wrong? My firewall has quit detecting hack attempts also, it just sits their like it is dead. I'm thinking about restoring my computer but I don't know if I can reconnect it to broadband. I'm going to have to do something.

7. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi Gregory,

Are you running more than 1 FW at the same time ? If you are there will be problems !

It shouldn't make any difference what speed or how you connect. Maybe the Modem/Drivers are at fault in some way !

Have you tried uninstalling ZA and reinstalling it ? I would do that first. Set everything to High.

StevieO

8. Gregory

I'm only using ZA. I have just restored my computer and it still won't pass. It looks like I'm going to have to get a computer technician to look at it. It must not be configuring itself to my connection?? Sprint hooked it up.

9. Gregory

I have connected my HotBrick SoHo 401VPN Firewall and my ports still are not stealth:mad: . Can somebody please tell me why?

10. Gregory

I had to switch to Road Runner and now my computer is passing every security scanner that I run it through.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.