klez worm: take care!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Paul Wilders, Apr 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

controler - The only thing I still don't understand is why Norton AV 2002 never alerted you to the worm when you first received it in your email.

Did I miss that part? Has a further update of Norton rectified that particular gaping hole? Pete

2. controler

controler Guest

The virus Difenitions I had were the liveupdate and not the Beta one which caught the latest srtrain. I also sent another file to them today for review.
    I am now working with a company after using their virus sniffing software. They would give me a full working version so I was forced to use their trial. And you know How I hate trialware LOL
    Their software is dated Oct and so the definitions are old too. after a full scan the program said my MSTEE.SYS was infected. Umm NOD32, Norton 2002 say gee I don't see that.
    So I wrote back telling them I was happy to not have the full version or I would no be shot a needed system file, since their software auto deletes it, which is never good. Their engineers wrote back saying I need to send a sample LOL and that it is prolly a case hwere another antivirus program tried to fix it in the past and corrupted it.
    Of course I had to write back telling them I NEVER have my software to AOTO fix or delete!! I always ask just so I don't run into the problem of false possatives taking my files and deleting them.
    I will let you know their results later

Over?

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

controler,

Is that actually you, the old, "one and only" controler from way back? If so: welcome back!

I'm interested; please keep us updated.

As for the file in question; interested in that one as well. Would you mind zipping it and send me a copy? If so: addy is webmaster@wilders.org

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.