kis7.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello,
    as posted in the kaspersky forum
    there is a powerpoint presentation on the kaspersky ftp called
    NG_Moscow_18may07_public.ppt
    its about the new features in kis/kav7.0
    for all you people who complained about the lagg with kis6.0 worry no more
    read slide 30 about the less impact on speed with the new network driver in kis7.0.
    its under the 7.0.0.119%20tr folder.
    the password is under number 3 on this link
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=11188
    direct link
    ftp://kav2006@data.kaspersky.com/7.0.0.119 tr/

non direct link
    ftp://kav2006:*****@data.kaspersky.com/

i will be updating to kis7.0 on friday after ive installed my new netowork card and made a new image.
    notice to mods if you want to get rid of the direct link do so and keep the second link instead.
    lodore

2. ugly

ugly Registered Member

:thumb: impressive work.
    ...an example to others...
    congratulations!

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

seen as i dont have powerpoint, anyone care to show some screenshots or post some information.

4. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

will pdf do (rename the txt file to pdf)?

Attached Files:

5. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

You can download microsoft powerpoint viewer and view those slides.

6. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

7. ren

ren Registered Member

8. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

thanks,ren......nice work!

9. ugly

ugly Registered Member

Asking those questions to their customers is an perfect example IMO on how a company should interact with them :

1) Do you know any methods to kill running KAV 7.0 with enabled self-protection?
    2) Do you know any leak-tests which can bypass KAV 7.0 protection with settings for advanced users (all PDM subsystems enabled on XP SP2)?
    3) Do you know any keyloggers (or such tests) which can not be blocked by KAV 7.0 with settings for advanced users (all PDM subsystems enabled on XP SP2)?
    4) Do you know any rootkits (or such tests) which can not be found in active state by KAV 7.0 Rootkit scan task with default settings?
    5) Do you know any methods to get ring0-access (install driver, write to physical memory, ...) without KAV 7.0 PDM's alert with default settings?

Your answers will help us to improve the quality of KL's products. Thank you.

Would you like this kind of dialog between you and your favorite IS producer ?

10. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Not that it really matters, but those questions should be asked during the beta phase, and not just when the product has reached TR status.

11. ugly

ugly Registered Member

The questions are for the final version IMO : " Do you know any ...?" (because we test them all).
    But that was not the point. I was trying to expose a manner of communication between a software producer and their consumers .

12. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

I find nothing wrong for those questions being asked, as long as they allow sufficient time for responses from testers before proceeding to release the final version.
    But as TonyW pointed out, if they only ask the questions to say that they asked them and don't allow enough response time before proceeding to a final release, then they should have asked those questions earlier during the beta testing process IMO. Time will tell.

13. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I know, but my point is they should be asking this sort of thing during beta stage as well.

This is so that if anyone does know of something that bypasses KAV/KIS, it can be fixed before reaching final status. Obviously if anything comes to light even at this TR/final stage, I guess updates can be made to add relevant protection.

I say this because I can't see them issuing another build now the product has been frozen at TR status. The questions obviously relate to the future development/improvement of the product.

To answer your question though - "Would you like this kind of dialog between you and your favorite IS producer ?" - yes, I think it's great that KL developers are communicating with their customers in this manner, and I'd hope other security vendors follow a similar line. :)

14. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You guys are making a big assumption. You are assuming they asked with Version 7.0 in mind. I suspect with a technical release 7.0 is in the bag. My bet is they are looking down the road at either a maintanence release on 7 or also possibly for issues for version 8.0

Pete

15. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

That's why I said "the future development/improvement of the product".

16. lodore

lodore Registered Member

they could be asking for MP1 Mp2 or even 8.0
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.