KIS6.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I think in the end I will get kis6.0 and will be very happy with it.
    I cant wait to get rid of f-secure install kis6.0 and wait for the new heristics
    i like testing but in the end i got to find a replacement to f-secure because i really dont like it and couldnt stand another year of it!
    lodore

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

One of the advantages of Kaspersky is that it does have an active user forum.
    So far, it's been rather helpful.

NOD32 also has an active user forum.

Given the improvements in NAV over the past few versions, I contunue to be amazed that Symantec does not restore its forums.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

The forums of both the av's are good.

on another note, on kaspersky uk website KIS6.0 is £49
    on amazon.co.uk its £34.99 which is quite cheap compared to £37 f-secure renewal price.
    lodore

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

hmm,

isnt kaspersky £40,
    &
    isnt f-secure £34.95, for the full non-renewal price from their site?

renewal i think is £26.95 for f-secure.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

did you read my post about the f-secure engines?
    lodore

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep, sure did.

that yank has no right to say i have a thing against KIS as i do not, my only ever problem with KIS has been its anti-hacker thing

and seen as he got back on to trend, it may not have the 99% detection rate but its spyware and firewall is still better than kasperskys, and at £25 for 3 pcs, i still stand by it on one of my machines, definatly.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well that aside what did you think of my report about the engines?
    and the fact that most of the engines are useless these days?
    the thing is the deepguard of f-secure is driving me nuts so im getting rid of it.
    lodore

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i aint too sure,

i know it has the kaspersky antivirus
    the norman sandbox for real-time heuristics against zero-day attacks
    the backlight rootkit detector

as for lavasoft, according to f-secure website, read the following:

"In recognition of the increasing threat of spyware, F-Secure has improved its detection rates and removal capabilities by adding another spyware engine solution to F-Secure Internet Security 2007. The integration has been enhanced to include target scanning, in addition to real-time scanning and manual system scans."

so if its improved, i have no problem with it.

F-Secure has revamped its application control to help protect you automatically in this years version.

"The firewall stood up valiantly when I attacked it directly, using a technique similar to what a malicious program might execute. I couldn't shut it down by tweaking the Registry, I couldn't disable it using Task Manager, and I couldn't turn off protection by stopping essential services"

there isnt alot of info on the engines, but yeah they take up more resources, but i find they work a treat, stopped that 'jumper.exe' no problem, and even told me some good information about what it was trying to do, also if tested with eicar, it will remove them automatically without the user needing to touch anything, great :)

i do prefer f-secure over KIS and still dont like that anti-hacker, but both are great, so less of this "you have something against kaspersky" crap.

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I have to say that antihacker could be improved upon but it isnt to bad.
    and i hope to buy kis6.0 very soon
    lodore

10. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

good luck, nice to finally see you having your mind made up :D

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

lol it seems that way i just need to make sure my dad orders it from amazon soon so i get it before xmas since my license for f-secure runs out on xmas eve.
    lodore

12. bugsy_pal

bugsy_pal Registered Member

I've been trialling F-Secure IS 6 after giving Kaspersky AV and IS a trial. I like both. F-Secure is heavier on resources but it has not slowed things down or caused any issues for me. The firewall is simple and unobtrusive.

I do like the Kasperky interface a bit better, but I agree that the Anti-Hacker firewall is a bit of a weak point (I don't mean in terms of protection, but in the interface). I found that some of the application rules I thought I had set in Anti-hacker were not there after a while - seems like they were lost somehow.

I'll continue to give F-Secure a go. I think it's a good product and seems stable.

13. muf

muf Registered Member

Kaspersky has a pretty decent deal going on for xmas. Buy 1 get 1 free. KIS is £47 but you get two licences. If you have more than one pc to install it on or know someone who would go halves with you then it works out nice.
    http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/santa2006

muf

p.s And i'm not a salesman for Kaspersky. lol. I just saw the advert in the January UK edition of Personal Computer World.

14. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

I assume you are talking about me, it is ignorant to refer to all americans as yanks, and if u have a problem with me just say so, u also seem very defensive about what i said, i guess it is true. Lastly about the discount only being for americans, that is not my fault, perhaps you should have some tea and relax.

Billy S.

15. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

Im sure once you get KIS, you will be happy, i had a couple of minor problems with KIS but they are either gone in the new test version or are being worked on with upcoming test versions.

Billy S.

16. lodore

lodore Registered Member

yup.
    im gonna install mp1 on Monday on my test system to see what is improved.
    whenever i test software i always go back to kav. in this day and age with bigger and bigger drives i never want to rescan it all and thats why i like scan new and changed files only cos you dont have to and can scan once a day and have startup scan so you always know your protected.
    the only thing putting me off was webav slowing down internet but people are reporting that the mp1 beta doesnt have that problem no more so its sorted!
    also the alerts seem to stay for less time and easier to close.
    i have always like the fact it says signitures out of date click here to update them now
    and threat found e.g can not disenfect then you get a popup saying threat deleted.
    so informative
    lodore

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Having tried just about all of them now, there really isnt a better suite then KIS. And the MP version along with hueristic ability later are only going to make it better.

18. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks for the reply Jeff
    what are you using atm?
    lodore

19. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi Lodore.

I'm sure you're buying the best suite in the market.:D
    Good luck with your choice.
    Anything you need, you know the url: http://forum.kaspersky.com/

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Lodore, I reverted back to KIS and have stuck with it. I just like having the one application do all. Greenborder was nice, but it slowed stuff down. Antivir was nice but lacked features in KIS. I just like it, at least for me, and am tired of playing the "whats the best game" and have settled in on KIS.

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

if you cant tell with this thread im gonna do the same.
    lodore

22. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I'm also using KIS since 4-5 month now without any problems and I like it very much. The only other Software real time I kept is BoClean because I already had a licence for it.

And anyway they play very well together and the impact on the system is not noticable because both program are very light.:)

23. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the last time i tried KIS , everytime i clicked favourites on my IE the proactive defense would say "Riskware - Invader", very annoying when all your trying to do is look at your favourites.

24. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Billy

You should be a Pom in Australia when the Ashes cricket tour is due to start!!

Brits use Yank as a term of endearment, no offence is meant, just like Aussies use Pom for us English. It probably offends a Jock/Mick/Taff calling them a Pom, though. (Scot/Irish/Welsh)

For good old friends you stretch the boundaries of acceptable behaviour because you know who your real friends are.

Ian

25. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

No its just the way it was said or seemed to be said, then again i might have taken it incorrectly, either way, I am still most happy with KIS software compared to any other at the moment.

Billy S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.