KIS web surfing issues/ Vista problems?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr1965, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I am running Vista Home Premium with KIS 7. Most of my setting in KIS are default. But when I go to a page- like this one, from MS:

http://gallery.live.com/results.aspx?c=38&bt=1

The page freezes/locks up when it is about 1/2 loaded.

I also am having a problem running any Windows Media Player from my browser. For some reason a page will start out using about 60,000k (as per Process Explorer) but will gradually keep rising, even when the media is no longer playing. The page has gotten as high as 350,000-400,000k before I have to kill the process as other pages or extensions are starting to not work properly. This problem seems most evident when I click a link in one page which opens a new page with Windows Media content. The memory spikes go way up and my CPU hits 100%.

Any ideas what I should disable or enable in KIS or Vista to alleviate these issues?

Thanks.

2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

I'm not using Vista nor KIS but, have you tried disabling the ParentalControl module?

I suggest you to try also posting your query in Kaspersky forum.

3. fce

fce Registered Member

i don't have any problem accessing the link....

i guess there's something bugging your KIS.

PS. Web & Scan all in maximum, my Firewall is in training mode....other is default.

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

No problem here either and I'm running it at maximum with custom settings and the firewall in Training mode. :doubt:
    I'm wondering if some of his other security apps are interacting with KIS, which could explain this behaviour for this particular address.

Since you're experiencing problems with WMP as well, I guess your problem lies deeper.
    No memory spikes here, KIS7 just runs very well. :)

5. acr1965

I have always had PC disabled. And I posted over on the Kaspersky site. I was told to delete the rules for IE in the firewall settings and allow when prompted once I start ie again. I am trying that now.

6. acr1965

The only other active programs running with IE are Finjan and ie7pro. I have disabled both but the problem seemed to remain for KIS. I am trying to just redo my firewall rules for ie7 and see how that goes.

7. acr1965

I disabled bitmeter and that seemed to help with the memory issue. I am still having the page I linked to in post #1 freeze up. I wonder if I just disable heuristics? I put everything back to default. But I had to put heuristic scanning on web av to shallow because my DEP kept crashing my browser when I was online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.