KIS firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by nixie21, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

How is the firewall from Kaspersky in KIS? I am not a firewall expert, not even close...I use comodo now along with NOD32, was wondering about the KIS suite, I know the AV is a toss up to NOD, what about the firewall compared to comodo (security, resources, EASE OF USE)

Thanks

2. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

it's a bit harder for new comers, but you'll get used to it preatty quick, also if you are worring about those "dangeours" leaktests, the pdm will block most of them on normal setting, and a few others on high.

3. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

Is it like Comodo, or is it rule based? I have no clue what to do with rules!

4. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

I use kaspersky antivirus with Comodo and i like it.

I used to use KIS before and liked it as well. But i heard that Comodo was a better firewall?

What do the experts think?:D

Plus Comodo 3.0 will have a HIPS feature so that with Kaspersky antivirus could maybe givve u better protection than only having KIS.

BTW my kaspersky antivirus proactive protection has never blocked anything bad?

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the KIS firewall is rules based; similar to Outpost Pro.

6. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Using KIS here, working fine, but to be honest, havent tried any other AVs recently, apparently its v.similar to Outpost. The security suite is very light as well... usually 10-15mb of memory usage on my PC and is easy to use, just have to make rules... once thats done, just forget about it.

Also get the great Kaspersky Antivirus and its ProactiveDefenseModule (HIPS software) which has blocked and warned about malicious software with me when testing malware... also fends well in Leaktests (if you care about it):
    http://www.matousec.com/projects/windows-personal-firewall-analysis/leak-tests-results.php
    http://www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.php
    http://www.firewallleaktester.com/reward_stats.htm

7. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Anti-Hacker (KIS6) has 'climbed the ladder' from once being considered a poor FW to one of the best! Actually, if you use it in 'learning mode' it should create all necessary rules on its own (based on your responses to its popups). ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.