KIS an MBAM Compatible?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JerryM, Aug 17, 2015.

1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

A couple of weeks ago I had my laptop crash. The first problem was that Bit Defender IS could not load completely. I wanted to remove BD and install KIS. The problem was that I could not remove BD and when I tried to install KIS I could not do it. In time the computer crashed and I had a lot of trouble starting it.

In time, with the help of Kaspersky forum I was able to get the laptop up and running with BD removed and KIS installed.
    One of the things that I was instructed to do was remove MBAM. I have it on my desktop, and have used it for years with all AVs including KIS.
    I am thinking of again installing MBAM and was wondering as to the experience of others here with compatibility problems between KIS and MBAM?
    Thanks for any replies.
    Jerry

2. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

I tested MBAM with a ton of antiviruses and all of them worked.

The only program that MBAM isn't compatible with (or wasn't, I don't know if they fixed the issue) is TrueCrypt. If MBAM scanners are configured to look for rootkits and you have your system partition encrypted, you'll get a BSOD.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, and that sounds like my own, although much less, experience.
    Jerry

4. guest

guest Guest

THe new beta of MBAM fix the compatibility with Kaspersky, at least this is what the changelog says

5. ZeroVulnLabs

ZeroVulnLabs Developer (aka "pbust")

There is no compatibility issue or conflict between MBAM and Kaspersky. There's millions of users running both MBAM and Kaspersky together.
    If Kaspersky is telling you to uninstall MBAM it is not due to compatibility issues.

6. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Kaspersky & BD seem to blame MBAM for most every problem when they (K & BD) start acting up. Disgusting, lazy & villainous of them.

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, and I am using MBAM with KIS.
    Jerry

8. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

I have been using KIS and MBAM Pro on my machine for ages, and I have never had any problem with this combo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.