KIS 2010 or NOD32

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hamzah95, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamzah95

hamzah95 Registered Member

Just looking for a second opinion from you guys.
    Should I just use KIS 2010 and defensewall in real time and on demand scanners like SuperAntiSpyware, a-squared FREE etc. Or just use what i'm using now, Nod32 4+DefenseWall 2.56+Comodo Firewall and defense+ 3.10.
    Plz suggest why and plz don't say, It depends on you or It depends on how much you feel secure with each software.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I think you have a good setup now. The main reason to go over to KIS 2010 would be for their firewall, HIPS and sandbox feature which you already have now in DefenseWall (sandbox) and Comodo firewall +defense (firewall and HIPS). I see no reason to switch and I have been using KAV for several years. I would add some sort of blocklist (modified Hosts file) http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm and maybe one or two on demand scanners. SAS is good and so is A2. A2 will run a service even when you are not using it. MBAM is another good one http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php. An on demand Rootkit scanner may be good such as http://www.trendmicro.com/download/rbuster.asp.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I agree, keep what you have.

4. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Soon, DefenseWall V3 Personal Firewall will rise. Updates from the HIPS versions bought before the release date are free.

5. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

SOON:argh: :D :thumb:
    You're a fast programmer.

6. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

In fact, the kernel-level part of it is completely finished. The things that left are about GUI intergation and usability polish. I hope to totally finish V3 this fall. Beta versions may be available in August.

7. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Sounds great to me. :thumb: I might actually be interested in testing things once they're released, see if it's something for me by then. :)

8. hamzah95

OMG DefenseWall v3 has a firewall!!!! AMAZING man, can't wait to see it.
    OK i'll keep Comodo and ofcourse DefenseWall, but what about NOD32?
    1. Should I switch from NOD32 to KAV 2010 or maybe Norton 2010 or MSE when they come out? NOD32 is really lacking behind in features.
    2. If so then, is KAV heavy on resources, I mean does it slow down pcs?
    3. What about the detection rates? I know it scores high but i saw Matt's review on KIS 2010 and it missed like 4 or 5 pieces of malware with its signature scanner, I tried the same links on NOD32 and all were caught.

9. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

I suggest that you keep defensewall and combine it with KIS only, which includes firewall & excellent hips & no delay if setup properly.

That would be an excellent security setup, lacking only a backup/imaging software.

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Posts concerning imaging programs and what not have been moved to a thread of their own for further discussion.

imaging discussion cont here---> Still looking for a free imaging or rollback program

Let's do attempt to confine this thread to the threads topic as best We can Please.

11. Joeythedude

Joeythedude Registered Member

In matts review part 2 i saw kis 2010 get a lot of stuff using its web/signature stuff.
    Looked really good to me.

12. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Simply put KIS 2010.

13. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

NOD32 hands down if u want a good and light solution, if u want all the bells and wistles but dont care about some system drag, then KIS

14. hamzah95

Naa i'll stay with NOD32, even with 2 GB of RAM kaspersky slows down my pc.
    I didn't mean to say NOD32 was lacking I meant to say Smart Security was. No HIPS no behavior blocker stuff like that.
    An till now i can't get anything through my current setup.

15. fce

fce Registered Member

stay with KIS2010....to many combination normally resulted to "software conflict"

Sandboxie days are count on my system....once KIS2010 built-in sandbox is stable, i'll kick Sandboxie. :ninja:

16. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

I like how putting an antivirus comparison in the anti-malware section bypasses the no antivirus comparison rule.

17. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

No it doesn't. (After a few non-this vs that replies, and an even distribution of use this one, no use that one, we'll call it a day.) Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.