KIS 2010 Issue:- Firefox not connecting to Internet

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Yesterday i have switched my self from Norton 360 4.0 to KIS 2010. After installing KIS 2010, i updated it. And run a quick scan. After that i have rebooted my system and opened my firefox but when i tried to connect google through firefox nothing happened. I found that firefox is not connecting to any web address whereas my IE 8 is connecting ...I searched this issue over google but found nothing relevant...I saw that many users have raised this issue on KIS forum but everytime they are getting crap response from their MODS.

I request all my Wilders Brother:p to help me out...

I would like to inform you that i am using Windows 7 Ultimate x86, KIS 2010, MBAM and firefox 3.6.

Requested to kindly look into the matter.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

3. AvinashR

4. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Done a quick search and search #2 showed up this thread, albeit, for Windows Vista.
    Do you have Orbit Downloader installed? If yes, does uninstalling it solve your issue?
    If not, attach a link to your PC's GSI parser to your next post. Instructions shown at the bottom of this thread.
    Also, what addins do you have running in Firefox? Have you ever used Fasterfox?
    Can you identify the component of Kaspersky which is causing the issue by disabling each one-by-one and seeing which causes the issue? eg, Web-AV, Network Filter etc?

PS, I am a Kaspersky forum moderator, so if you do not want replies here from mods or consider this a "crap response", ignore this post and good luck with your endeavours.

5. AvinashR

Hi Bro

I have solved my issue, and yep it happened because of Orbit Downloader. And thank you for your support....I apologize if u found my comments harsh...

6. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Great :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.