KIS 2009 & Zemana Anti-Logger

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mvdu, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

If I decide to buy Zemana to go with KIS, would it be necessary to turn off Zemana's system protection?

2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

According to someone who tried it, yes https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1311603&postcount=6

System protection seems a HIPS that controls windows registry changes, etc. Those features are already in Kaspersky. The features that you'll need from Zemana are keylogger protection, clipboard logger protection, webcam recorder protection and screen logger protection.

3. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Do you think Zemana would be worth the money for just those features?

4. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Depends on your risk/skill factor.
    If your system is prone to some kind of 0-day logger attacks (Key,Clipboard,SSL or Screen) , Zemana is worth the price.
    Also you need to look at the utility of your investment, since KL may fix stuff as soon as MS agrees to certify their HIPS driver for Vista. Plus Zemana v2 is going to include a full firewall and they are going to create a suite using VIPRE. So there will be more overlap between KL and Zemana in the days to come. Plus there are a lot of HIPS available which can provide almost the same coverage, but have lifetime license also.

So you know your requirements and threats best. Choose a product which will fit your bill !!

PS: I found conflicts when using KIS 2009 and Zemana System Protection in conjuction. Try it out yourself, maybe there will be no slow-down/instability on your setup. :thumb:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  5. guest

guest Guest

i think no. it is too expensive. and its time limited no lifetime licence

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

whats the point of taking zemanas system system protection off,if i was you
    i will get avira free and add zemana:thumb:
    note:eek:fcourse if you didnt buy kis2009.
    with avira free and zemana is more than enough:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.