KIS 2009 License Question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by xpsunny, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpsunny

xpsunny Registered Member

Is it okay to use 1 PC licensed KIS 2009, in a multi-OS PC. I mean, if someone uses KIS 2009 in Windows XP SP3, and another copy of KIS 2009 in Microsoft Virtual PC both residing on the SAME PC, any harm?

What if two parallel definitions updates are carried out at the same time? Will the key be blacklisted?

2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

It's fine as long as it's installed on the same pc...

By the way, for the KIS product I see they allow to install 1 license on two pc's :blink: link
    In the other hand, apparently Kaspersky's blacklisting works by just submitting to them license keys floating around the web :rolleyes:

3. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

lol the pirates wish.... System is much more complex....including counting the number of computers connecting for updates, number of online activations, keyfile downloads etc.... submitting keyfiles doesn't really need to be done :p

4. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

thanks Baz for clarifying this. Thats why i said apparently, anyway, it's good to know that Kav guys are making things harder for the buccaneers :D

5. xpsunny

xpsunny Registered Member

Does that imply that 1 PC license cannot be used in multi-OS PC? Will parallel downloads result blacklisting?

6. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

I can't answer that for you because I'm not the guy with the big red button but obv if 2 pc's are downloading in the same time then that would look a bit sus....

7. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

xpsunny,

There's one place that question gets definitively answered - via Kaspersky support. Either go through them or run the empirical experiment and deal with the result.

Blue

8. Oldjim

Oldjim Registered Member

I asked that exact question of UK Support and this was the response

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

A 1 user license will work on 2 computers. It has for years. In their pricing structure they offer 1 user, then it jumps to 3 users. The reason there isnt a 2 user is because it can be used with the 1. I know people who have used Kas for years this way and no problems. Why would you buy 2-1 user licences to cover 2 machines. Seems a bit higher then the 3.

And Baz, for the record, if I made offending remarks earlier I apologize. Been doing that a lot of late. I am not a fool. When it comes to detecting and disinfecting, we all know who is the best.;)

10. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Perhaps it would be due to the fact that you believe that you should adhere to licensing terms that you do accept or move on to another vendor. As explicitly noted in the license:
    A computer is generally understood as a physical device. With this general understanding, you have protection for one physical device with a one user license.

Blue

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I understand Blue. I didnt intend to mean it is a written rule, but more of one that is allowed.

Here in the States, a 1-user AV license is $59.95 so for 2 computers it would cost me $119.90.

For a 3 user license it is $69.95.o_O

You wouild be a fool to buy 2. So then why is it just not implied, by not only Kaspersky that 1-user license cost $$$ and 2-whatever user license costs $$$$$

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Let me add that I bet if you used a 1-user license on 3 machines, you would get their attention.

F-Secure and I think Dr.Web, will not even allow you to activate beyond what the license specifies. It will tell you that a previous licensed machine will be deactivated.

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Quote:
    The only time you can install on two seperate machines with a single license is when upgrading from one version of our software on a machine, to a newer version on a second machine. This is not intended to allow you to use two machines on a single license long term - and as such you will need a single license per machine you intend to cover across your license period.
    Quote:

And this statement doesnt even make sense. So if I have version 6 on a computer and upgrade it free of charge during the licensing period, I can install version 7 on the 2nd computer while the first computer keeps version 6.:doubt: :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.