Kingston introduces new ultra-secure USB flash drive

Discussion in 'hardware' started by MrBrian, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Interesting!! :rolleyes:
    Only if the price is proper for Wilders :D

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

They've already made enough free software. Such things don't come out of nowhere (needs money).

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Found some pricing...

Kingston Digital has now introduced the DataTraveler 6000, a new, highly-secure flash drive which offers Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 3-grade data protection and 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption using an XTS block cipher mode.

Targeting enterprises and government agencies, the DT6000 has a tamper-proof and water-proof titanium-coated stainless steel casing, a USB 2.0 interface, offers read/write speeds of up to 11/5 MB/s, and comes with a five-year warranty.

The DataTraveler 6000 line includes 2GB, 4GB, 8GB and 16GB drives which cost $100, $116, $147 and $208, respectively.​

To reach that 140-2/Level 3 , this drive has got to be darn near indestructible (for physical security). I love Kingston Secure drives - I have several after 2 out of 3 of my IronKey drives went bad. Never again, IronKey. Kingston's line of secure USB flash drives (including this new digital fortress) are excellent.

The technology for this drive is from Spyrus....check out this interesting OS on a very secure stick:
    http://www.spyrus.com/ (in the middle of the page)

On Edit: Wow! Watch this video about the Spyrus drive with Windows
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa5jJAuC9i4

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Now that i researched a bit about it, it sounds awesome!
    Wonder what are the prices for it :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.