Kingsoft Antivirus 2012 [Cloud]

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

+1:thumb:

2. KingsoftSecurity

KingsoftSecurity Registered Member

Next update should be within this week.

3. KingsoftSecurity

Very good suggestions, we'll try to register KAV as anti-spyware first. And then review the warning pop up for better design.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Looks like the 4th icon (KSC Cloud) gets greyed out when you open the settings and browse through it (without changing anything). I did an Anti-Hack scan, quick scan and it was still enabled. After opening the settings, going through all the categories and just closing the settings and the 4th icon was grey.

I'll check it out some more but it looks like this is reproducible.

EDIT:
    Is the lack of enabled 4th icon only affecting on-demand scans or is also affecting real-time protection?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  5. KingsoftSecurity

This is only related to on-demand scan.

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Ok then there is no real problem till it gets fixed.

I've found another a bit confusing thing...

Click on "Kingsoft Cloud Connected" in the lower left corner and see the returned value:

1277.05 ten thousands

Is it just me or is this value very confusing? I'm not even sure what it's suppose to mean. It would be better to just write it down in full numerical way using second line and reorder it a bit (words and also add separators for every 3 digits). Like this:

In past 24 hours, Kingsoft Cloud has blocked 1.277.050.000 malware samples

This would look much better (assuming word "ten thousand" meant additional 4 zeros).

7. KingsoftSecurity

yes, this is really a headache to move from the 10000 into 1000. :D We'll change it in next release.

8. ichito

ichito Registered Member

You are right...I only watched the settings and the icon was already grey :)
    To the blocked malware samples...now I know it was mistake but few minutes earlier thought that it's true...I compared this result with ThreatFire today's statistic because they are impessive :)
    120618123012_4.jpg
    BTW...why scrennshots of new Kingsoft AV on Softpedia show some nonexistent "Tools" module?
    http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Kingsoft-Free-Antivirus-Screenshot-164398.html

9. KingsoftSecurity

What result do you have after comparison? I havent noticed any the nonexistent "Tools" module, could you please give me some tips?

10. ichito

ichito Registered Member

And what number is proper?...1.277.050.000 or 127.705.000? :rolleyes: OK...community of TF is probably no so large as Kingsoft...TF was only example how many threads can be analysed by AV developers...nothing more :)
    Screenshots form No 5 to 11...I downloaded new copy from Softpedia and I haven't such module...or am I blind? :blink:

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

@ichito
    I think those screenshots on SoftPedia are from the old version of Kingsoft Antivirus Free. I mean the interface looks very different. Only the first image is from the new Kingsoft Cloud...

12. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

13. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Thanks RejZoR and PaulBB...I was already afraid :D

14. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

lol Yes, it is! :D

15. selina1

selina1 Registered Member

Hi RejZoR, can you provide the samples which can repro ths issue?

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It doesn't matter what you use, they just have to come through IE.

17. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Update logs are also weird...

It just successfully auto-updated (got the blue popup about auto update) but the log says "Update failed". All the entries under this position say "Success". So why does it says Update failed if it was successful!?

The "Explain" column is also strange. It just says "Manual Update" for everything, even though half of them should be Automatic Update.

I think it would be better to change the title of "Explain" column to "Description".

18. KingsoftSecurity

Yes, you're right. The update logs is incorrect. The wrong strings is link to automatic update. This will also be fixed in next release.

19. tipo

tipo Registered Member

it keeps freezing when detecting malware and trying to scan from context menu. i`m on win xp he sp3 x86

20. burebista

burebista Registered Member

A question, is free for home use or for commercial use too?
    Thanks.

21. KingsoftSecurity

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you using KAV with other security software? What about you Internet connection? when is scan hanging, quick scan, full scan or custom scan?

22. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

does this work alongside other existing security products..?
    I have avast and online armor installed.will this program run ok with these.?:isay:

23. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

I tried it and then uninstall KAV, because it has one of the 4 engines disabled bydefault and could not be enabled. It was the engine heuristic cloud engine under scanning page where it says quadropled engines. only 3 were enabled. An AV without heuristic engines on is no no in my book.

By the way I tested it on a 64bit win 7 home permium with KPC wiuth antimalware and MSE.

Therefore I uninstalled it and am using malwarbyte pro instead. Hopefuly Kingsoft will fix this issue. I eben posted on their forum and Is aw I was the one who has the issue.

24. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

if you read some post here you can see that you are not alone, almost every pc with 64bit is in the same situation and me too. Is disabled when you simply look at the setting and don't come back to live.
    Kingsoft I think is investigating the issue because is easy to repproduce, and it will be fixed asap, probably this week, we would always remeber this is the first step for a new software so is normal have some issue nothing is perfect

25. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Who knows any tests of the av? I know only languy99's review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.