Kind of a Stupid Question, Re: Old .tib Files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by feverfive, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feverfive

feverfive Registered Member

I save all backup images to a external HD partition; I don't use secure zone. I only keep the previous 3 or 4 saved backups; I simply delete the older .tib files. When I go into TI8 to create a new image, verify an image or mount an image, the drop down menu (see pic below) shows file names even though they have been deleted. How do I get rid of those file references? All but 2 of the file names showing in the pic have been deleted from my image partition. In another month or so, that drop down menu list is going to get awfully long o_O ......

http://img289.imageshack.us/img289/1914/acronispic4zt.jpg

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello feverfive,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Actually, this is not a problem of Acronis True Image. You have "autocomplete form" option enabled in Windows. The same thing happens if you try to type in the address in Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer or fill in any form on the computer. You need to clear the "Autocomplete form" option in Windows but this will clear all the forms you filled in.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. feverfive

feverfive Registered Member

Thanks; no, I wasn't trying to suggest this is some sort of "problem" caused by Acronis. I was just asking a general question. I haven't been able to get those old file references removed, though I have turned off auto-complete in IE & in XP search. Guess I'll just have to come up w/ a new way of naming my .tib files so I can "recycle" file names & not end up w/ such a long list.

4. Britnash

Britnash Registered Member

You're not using one of the strengths of True Image!

If you set up a task, you only need to run the task with one click and you won't need to give your .tib a filename.

Looking at your screenshot, you include the date on yours. You don't need to because the filename is date stamped and True Image saves this info in the file, which you can see if you attempt to mount a .tib (I don't mean that in a dirty way).

Perhaps you haven't done this because, as you say, you want to keep the last 3 or 4 backups. You'd still only need one or two tasks for this. E.g. You use Task A to backup the disk with filename A.tib. When you append it'll automatically be called A-1.tib. And task B you call B.tib. When you've made four backups delete all of those from task A. Then run Task A again. You'll still have the backups from task B.

If that's not exactly what you want, hopefully it's helped you realise how you can use True Image's tasks to save time. Quite honestly, anyone who backs up regularly should be using tasks.

As for mounting, you can do this by right clicking the .tib in Windows Explorer, you don't need to run the program. And as for verifying, you just select the .tib so it doesn't matter if there's a list of files.

I believe I've solved your problem!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.