KeyScrambler

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by John Bull, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

From the very generous and honest replies so far, it looks like KeyScrambler is a good bet for what it is. Nobody has come down hard on it, although proposals have been made that other products my be just as good or better. Personal choice.

The bottom line is that KeyScrambler is an efficient freebie that does no harm but an awful lot of good, Nothing is perfect, if you want this abstract and unachievable perception, then you will not get it, but good luck trying.

My conclusion from the comments so far is that KeyScrambler is a MUST as an immense bonus for no cost and to go further into a mass of If`s and But`s is simply a fruitless exercise of diminishing returns.

Install KeyScrambler and be done with any meaningless discussion. Shove it in and if you find a better deal later, then go for it, you`ve lost nothing but at least gained a good friend in the meantime. A virtual Pit Bull.

Obviously any problems with KeyScrambler are more than constructive welcome.

John B

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  2. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

Free? if all you use is IE, Firefox, or Flock, which makes it useless if you use other things like, Other Popular Browsers, Email, IM/VoIP, Password Managers, Encryption, ect, unless you Buy the pro or premium versions, even then all it protects is typed keys.
    If you want a keylogger to be installed? Then OK,.....Keyscrambler does not include (HIPS) which stops keyloggers from being installed in the first place, nor does it protect against Clipboard Loggers, Screen Loggers, ECT.
    Yes, nothing is perfect, Its up to the user to make sure they configure, and choose their security software correctly, other wise the software will be useless to them.
    But yes, it all comes down to a personal preference, and how protected you think you truly are. Ignorance is Ignorant and we will never learn until we have something of value taken from us, will we?

Good luck :D

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Does Spy Shelter? And how sure are you that Spy Shelter is a trustworthy product?

Also I just thought that I should mention, the beta version of Returnil has an antiexecutable feature. It will only allow what you have installed on your real system, unless you specifically allow new software in install and run.

4. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

Yes Spy Shelter includes HIPS, and so is Defence+ in Comodo, Spyshelter is fairly new but is quickly gaining respect by many users, you can always ask any questions by contacting their support.

http://www.spyshelter.com/support.html

Their are reviews on youtube about spyshelter, haven't watched any yet but im about to.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spyshelter&aq=f

And yes I defiantly give a + to Returnil but the free version is to limited for me, it doesn't include the File Manager, im glad to hear their still improving their product.

5. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

And it works fairly well. I've been running it in addition to Malware Defender for about a month now with zero conflicts.

6. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

It is obvious from all the very valuable and informative comments that no product on Planet Earth is immune from expert criticism, there is always something wrong with it or something better, even though that suggested miracle is not perfect - nothing is.

So, where do we go ? If you are a geek, then obviously you establish the best security combination that your expertise can muster. If you are an ordinary plodder, you listen to the geeks and go for a package that suits your pocket and particular set up to your best judgement.

If you are simply a keyboard thumper, inexperienced or perhaps just an intelligent Granny, then you plod along with the can of worms that the guy who sold you the computer recommended.

It takes all kinds to make a world and we all deserve some consideration, regardless of experience and knowledge.

I have found Wilders the most wonderful platform for discussion available on the net. The spectrum of expertise and willingness to help is phenomenal.

But we must all remember that every product available has it`s limitations and faults, there are NO exceptions.

For every expert posting on this Forum with a magnificent display of information, we must not forget that our family is an exclusive minority.

Whilst we get the impression on the Forum that everybody in the World knows what is being said here - the reality is that countless millions DO NOT and would not understand a word of our dialogue. These are the ordinary punters that tend to be forgotten.

Every single product mentioned on this Forum with few exceptions has it`s own credible place in the market. It is not rational to compare a coconut with a banana.

Virus`s, infections, keylogging, malware etc. etc. - so what ? They are part of life on the Internet and all we can do is our individual best to make our PC`s as secure as possible within our own set of circumstances, knowledge and funding.

KeyScrambler is an extremely good average product and as a freebie definitely worth having.
    No good eh ? Then by all means better it, the luxury of choice

I understand it is appropriate to say GOOD LUCK at this point. :D

John B

7. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

KeyScrambler 2.7.0

http://www.qfxsoftware.com/download.htm

8. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off-Topic Post. Let's try to keep on topic, which is a specific discussion of KeyScrambler. Thanks!

9. absolute

absolute Registered Member

i think keyscrambler is good program and usefull and i use it for 2 years as a prem . version
    and also i install it on a pc and try to sniff the victim and i discover that the sniffing data and all the conversation are encypted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.