keyscrambler doesnt work with remote connections?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by tooth, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tooth

tooth Registered Member

Has anyone noticed or heard of KeyScrambler (GFX) not working when remotely connected to a PC?

I connect to my PC using Windows XP Remote Desktop, and have also tried logmein.com as a remote connection and keyscrambler loads up when IE or Firefox is launched but it is not scrambling the keys...

It is lit up green as if it is active, but it does not show the random keys appearing in the Icon, also when I moved it to the Overlay option it always says "Unencrypted keystrokes received". I'm guessing the drive is not being loaded as some things are not loading during remote connect sessions..

If anyone knows a fix or work around to this please let me know

2. KookyMan

KookyMan Registered Member

Just a guess, but its possible that the remote connection is actually sitting below the hook for the random keystrokes. I'm not to familiar with this program in general, but keep in mind that the program most likely has two hooks. One very high, where the random keystrokes are inserted, and one very low, where the randoms are removed from the stream. Remote connections probably hook somewhere between the two. To diagram:

Keyboard
    Random Insertion Hook
    Other System APIs/Hooks/Etc. (Including Remote Desktop.)
    Random Deletion Hook
    Application.

This may not be 'fixable' because nothing is really broken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.