KeyScrambler 2.7.1 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Thankful, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Also, remember that the security software graveyard is littered with great applications that died because of their 'free upgrades for life' policy. In almost all cases, without a regular source of renewal or upgrade income the application dies. Very few can generate enough sales to provide the consumer the luxury of free upgrades for life.

2. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

No one is suggesting 'free upgrades for life policy'. Go back and read for change!

3. Scoobs72

or perhaps you mean this within one of your posts:

With all your protestations and complaints about what you don't want it's difficult to see exactly what you do want.

4. aladdin

You missed the above from my post number 11. Not only you are not a good reader, but also you quote selectively!

5. Scoobs72

I missed the post because you are singing the praises of Roboform. That sentence has nothing to do with Keyscrambler.....hence no need to quote it.

But continuing the in the spirit of the game, should we infer that you would like to see the same or similar update model in Keyscrambler? Clear and concise communication in your answer might help here.

6. aladdin

Though you quoted RoboForm, but selectively quoted.

Sheer greed of KeyScrambler versus concern for their paying customers' base. This is the balance KeyScrambler has to strike!

7. aladdin

Clear and concise, but you missed!

8. aladdin

And, some more!

9. Scoobs72

Yawn, this is tiresome. Let's summarise:

You start off your postings with the following:

"However, it is the updates that matters. After one year one has to fork out more money to use the updated software.

This is the biggest ripoff in the software industry."

...at this stage, just complaining.

Then you move on to talk about Roboform and how Roboform has had continuous upgrades for the last 10 years (presumably for free), but the new major version requires a new license which you're happy to pay for. No commentary about Keyscrambler.

Then you acknowledge that it takes money to develop Keyscrambler continually. Major upgrades every few years are reasonable, but paying for minor upgrades are not. At this stage it's still not clear what you classify as 'minor and 'major' upgrades.

Then you get accused of being a freeloader not wanting to pay for updates, to which you respond with a riduculous Windows analogy. But you also suggest that you regard Keyscrambler application updates (e.g. Office 2007 to 2010) as hotfixes, and contrast that with Windows updates again, indicating that Keyscrambler should give them for free.

So what are we left with....just complaints, some suggestion that major upgrades could be charged for, but no indication at all what those comprise, but clearly you feel application updates should not be paid for because they are hotfixes.

The capability for reasoned argument between us is gone from this thread because as you have stated several times you view the Keyscrambler developers to be motivated by pure greed and believe them to be "trying to cheat their own customers", which contrasts sharply with my view that the need to support continual application compatibility updates requires, for almost all software (there are one or two notable exceptions), regular renewal fees. You present no evidence of any substance to support this greed hypothesis. In contrast I highlight how common this licences/renewal method is (Defensewall is a great example familiar to this forum) and also the folly of security application which have failed to adopt this approach, now consigned to the graveyard.

We are both approaching this from very different angles, we will never agree, so let's leave it at that. End of thread for me.

10. aladdin

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

:D that is true,i know some friends that they always use free program all the time:D

12. Doraemon

Doraemon Registered Member

Come on people, nearly all the software vendors nowadays follow the same selling schema. One year of free updates/upgrades then discounted renewals. What's wrong with that? o_O :blink: As somebody pointed out, no one does his/her job for free (well, almost no one). :cool:

I also don't see any "nebulous" language from Keyscrambler's side. It's all well explained.

BTW I own a Premium license and just can say that I'm a happy customer! :D Would repay again for sure! :argh: :argh:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  13. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Top Notch! :thumb:

Enjoying KeyScrambler ! :D

14. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I think their marketing is still confusing, most AV's continue to work after the license expires, only thing that doesn't work is the update function. You don't call that a lifetime license. Of course AV's rely more on their updates for them to be effective, but with the heuristics and behaviour detection that is also changing. and on the other hand, the office upgrade example is also an example that updates are also important for Keyscrambler.

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

very true defenitly agree here:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.