KeyScrambler 2.3.0 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Thankful, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idbit

idbit Registered Member

Another question I just thought of: Hypothetically, in a perfect world, your firewall would detect the keylogger phoning home 100% of the time, right? But since it's not a perfect world, we have KeyScrambler?

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Well yes they could do that i guess but the different options they have now make far more sense. A basic free version for people to use to help increase its popularity and a more advanced paid version to make money off so development can continue.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

In the real world nothings 100% safe or secure, things can be exploited and bypassed so it helps to have a layered security solution.

4. idbit

idbit Registered Member

Thanks. That part makes sense. It seems to me, though, that if they were to protect the entire system at one entry point, they could devote all of their programming energy to protecting just that one point. But instead, they have to protect 100 or more different softwares. So their work increases by almost 100 times? Are they spreading themselves too thin by doing this? Are people having the discussion "Well the Internet Explorer protection is great, but the Quickbooks protection could use some more work."?

I'm just throwing this out there. Obviously, I have no idea what I'm talking about. And that's why I'm asking the question. Maybe a programmer type that understands this at a deep level can step in and say "Don't worry about it. It's not an issue."

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Since Keyscrambler protects at the kernel level I'm betting that it is already programmed for system wide protection. They simply limit the free version to working in Firefox and Internet Explorer. Perhaps someone can confirm whether or not this is correct?

6. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I'm sandboxing with only giving Firefox internet access with Key Scrambler personal and I feel EVEN safer. :p Great new tool for my arsenal. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.