KeyScrambler 2.0 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Henk1956, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henk1956

Henk1956 Registered Member

KeyScrambler Personal 2.0: the anti-keylogging program protects all parts of the browser and encrypts everything you type into a web page—logins, account numbers, addresses, and email messages. Absolutely Free.

2. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Firefox 2.0.0.13 says that it's incompatible :(

Working now... Looks good.

3. Henk1956

After trying it, it seems to be incompatible with GeSWall (again).

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

That,s not good. I think previous version was working OK with GW?

BTW have anyone tested KS with kernel based keyloggers like Elite Keylogger etc?

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Wow the free version now protects all parts of the browser, thats great. I've tested keyscrambler against every single keylogger posted on this website and its passed them all.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Which web site u mean?

7. farmerlee

This one right here, Wilders Security. I've tested keyscrambler against all keyloggers that have been discussed here for the past year or so and its passed them all. The only thing i'm unsure about is how easy/hard it would be for malware to circumvent keyscrambler.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Did u try Elite Keylogger? It,s kernel based with rootkit like behavior.

9. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi All

Can anyone say whether KeyScramber v2.0 has seen any improvement in Anti-keylogging capabilities over version 1.33?

Looking at their website it seems that the Free version has been extended in where you can use it. You pay extra for mail clients and other browsers. It says nothing about improvements in combatting KeyLoggers

Thanks

Terry

10. farmerlee

I probably did however i can't remember exactly. I can't test it at the moment as this new version of keyscrambler is giving me a few problems. It seemed to be working fine when i first installed it now it keeps saying encryption module error. Reinstalling doesn't seem to fix it either. Hopefully its not a bug in the software.

11. qzwang

qzwang Registered Member

Hi farmerlee, we got several reports of the same problem from other users. It appears to be a problem in initializing the encryption library on some XP systems. We have a fixed version up on our site now. The version number is still 2.0, but it was just released this morning. Please give it a try and let me know if you still get the same error.

In case I don't check back here as quickly as I should, you can also email support at qfxsoftware.com

Qian
    --
    QFX Software

12. Henk1956

Thanks gzwang.
    It now works with Geswall.

13. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I have been interested in an Anti KeyLogger program for some time now. I have a good number of tax clients that I prepare taxes for during tax season. The tax software that I use is the ATX tax preparation software. I say this because it doesn't appear that the KeyScrambler program(s) covers this particular tax software program. Obviously, protection of my clients tax information is paramount. I currently have Symantec Corporate Version 10.1.6.6000 as my anti-virus protection and SuperAntiSpyware (paid) as my spyware protection. I also have Sygate Pro as my firewall protection. I have been considering purchasing the SpyCop software for protection. I understood it to be one of the best. As I really have very little knowledge of the Anti KeyLogger programs I am asking for your advice. Anyone, have any suggestions or recommendations? Any replies to this post will be very much appreciated and I thank you in advance for your reply.

14. farmerlee

Thanks! Downloaded the new installer and everything appears to be working fine now. I like the new improvements, very nice!

15. farmerlee

I tried out widestep elite keylogger v3.6 and its able to accurately log keystrokes with keyscrambler 2.0 enabled. Apart from removing it I doubt anything could protect you against a keylogger working at that level.

16. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Running it as untrusted in DefenseWall does not block it o_O

17. qzwang

qzwang Registered Member

Yes, we tested Elite Keylogger last year and at the time KeyScrambler worked against it. It looks like they've gone into the kernel and at the present it does work even with KeyScrambler enabled. We'll address this in an upcoming version.

In the mean time, there are several things users can do to protect themselves against keyloggers in general and kernel-based keyloggers in particular. One thing is to avoid running as the administrator. Installing kernel components requires administrator rights, so you can avoid a lot of security problems, not just keyloggers, if you don't run as the administrator by default. The other thing users can do is to actually run Vista x64. I know a lot of people don't like Vista, and I have a few gripes myself. But there really are some quite good security changes built into it. All kernel code requires a valid digital certificate to run. So if you're using KeyScrambler on Vista x64, you're completely protected from both kernel and user space keyloggers. In fact, right now Elite Keylogger doesn't work on Vista at all. Also, I believe most anti-virus and anti-spyware programs can detect and remove Elite Keylogger.

We'll definitely try to have a version that defeats Elite Keylogger as soon as we can, so stay tuned.

18. aigle

aigle Registered Member

In that case i don,t need KeyScrambler.

19. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Let,s see. It,s not the Elite Keylogger only. It may be same story with all kernel based keyloggers.

20. qzwang

qzwang Registered Member

I see that you're a user of GesWall. I can assure you that even GesWall isn't 100% effective because there isn't any security software that is. Anybody telling you that their security software is 100% effective is lying to you. And there's no software that can completely substitute for good security practices and awareness by the user.

No, they are not all the same. There are several different ways to log keystrokes in the kernel. In any case, we will have something that deals with them all.

21. Henk1956

Also tried Elite Keylogger to see if the AntiLogger from Zemana would catch it.
    Had to disable KAV to be able to download Elite Keylogger (one good solid reason to keep Anti-Virus in my arsenal). After install, Antilogger was not able to detect it.

BTW KAV was able to detect (and remove) it after it was installed.

22. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I understand this and completely agree with u.

23. farmerlee

If you run it as untrusted then yes the installation fails as DW blocks it. I allowed it to install properly so i could test it out against keyscrambler.

24. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Well, I´m a bit surprised that KS can´t stop kernel based keyloggers, I thought that this was the BIG advantage it had over other anti-keylog technologies? o_O Because hook/message based keyloggers are quite easily stopped by some HIPS/dedicated AK´s right now, so KeyScrambler really ain´t that special at the moment.

25. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Learn to read carefully, KS can indeed stop *some* kernel based keyloggers, but not all of them...

But if you mean that you expect KS to stop ALL kernel based keyloggers, I'm astonished .Even you should know by now that there is no such thing as 100% security.

I like Keyscrambler because it does it work silently. With normal HIPS, you get tons of messages about so and so trying to hook x,y,z.. and in some cases, if you block, you get into trouble...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.