keylogger suggestions

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by zfactor, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i was today asked by a doctor's office to install monitoring software on their front pc's they think there is some issues going on with billing and some other things. i have not installed keylogger software in a while and im wondering what anyone would recc. this is a legit request and for business use not for anything personal. they are willing to buy software as long as its not a fortune say 100$ or less give or take. main things are full keylogging and screenshot capture to capture screens of the scheduling and billing program. they do not have internet so no need for remote connection, they do not keep internet due to hipa etc and have no real need for it (they are old school and only updated to actually use computers just 3 years ago).

if this can not be asked here please mods delete this but it is a serious request and not anything that will be used in any other way than to make sure people are not stealing or "giving" services away to freinds and family.

any suggestions?

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

It sure can be asked, considering we had a discussion about Refog not that long ago. About why it was, or was not detected by AV's.

And Refog and Spector are the only names that popup in my mind.

Check their websites and read about the products to see if they fit the job.

But I don't know what they cost though. :doubt:

3. zfactor

yeah my first thought was spector pro it seems to be more then they really need though since they dont have any internet connection. for me refog has been hit and miss in the past. i also see a few new names like elite keylogger. im trying to sort through them now. i know spector pro works well but ive had some issues in the past with it really messing up the system. i keep trying to get them to let me install some small cameras to watch everything happening but they just dont want to do that.

4. guest

guest Guest

5. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

In a corporate environment Spector360 is the way to go. Ive used it extensively. We use it to keep track of hours spent online in certain departments so we can run reports. It is the best at what it does. It will allow you to monitor chat sessions, USB file transfers and the like.

How many PC's need to be monitored? And does said office have a SQL instance installed anywhere?

Spector will need a server and if you dont have SQL it will install the compact SQL instance. Also you will have a hard time installing it if the only server they have hosts DHCP and is the domain controller. I believe Spector also requires purchases in the 10 PC increment so if they have 15 PC's you will need 2 sets of licenses each at 10 PC's.

Also if you do go with Spector be careful installing it. You will have to do it after hours as it uses a silent MSI to install its logging software which will issue a restart command when its finished so the end users PC will randomly restart. Ive made this mistake before.

6. zfactor

yup thats what i went with was the tried and true spector pro. they only have 8 computers there (3 up front and one in each room) so one 10 pc lic was enough. the main pc has there pos / scheduling software installed which uses a sql so that worked out fine. i actually went in this afternoon while they were closed to install everything and tested it all out spector worked well as the last time i remember it working out. so far so good

7. WildByDesign

WildByDesign Registered Member

Ensure that whichever AV software that they use on their systems that you add that program's folder and executables to the AV whitelist so that they wont be scanned. That way the staff wont be alerted to anything and be suspicious.

8. fax

fax Registered Member

... and that the AV configuration is password protected otherwise they may see files/folders been excluded in the AV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.