Keylogger Killer help

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JerryM, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Re: keylogger tests done with over 13 anti-spyware programs.

After reading this thread today I downloaded and installed a trial of Keylogger Killer. After scanning it reported a possible keylogger. The entry is
    C:\\WINDOWS\system 32\sockspy.dll.

I guess I am confused with the report that this is a suspected or possible spying keylogger. Now for many of us that confuses more than helps.
    Is that sockspy.dll a keylogger or not?

I disallowed it, but there was no entry to delete it. What does "disallowed" mean?
    Any help?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Jerry,

I have split your post from the....After reading this thread today.....and created your own thread to better assist you. That thread is an old one....and felt it was best to do it this way.

Regards,
    Bubba

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Bubba,
    Thanks, I appreciate your action.

Rich,
    Thanks for the site. I learned from the site that Sockspy.dll is a part of Bit Defender AV. I verified that from a chat with the BD Support Group. I had "disallowed" it, but was able to reverse that decision and allow it.
    I am often hesitant to try such programs as Keylogger Killer for fear of such problems that are difficult to correct if I make a bad call due to my lack of knowledge. I should have asked first.
    All is well now, and many thanks for the help. I always get the help I need here at Wilders.

Jerry

5. richrf

richrf Registered Member

You're quite welcome.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.