Keylogger / False Pest Patrol Positive on Process Guard Uninstall ?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by XavierG, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XavierG

XavierG Registered Member

Hello,

I am a registered user of Process Guard and find this program very useful :)

I have a question, since I scanned my computer with Pest Patrol 4, and it detected me an alert : it said there was the Key Logger (!) Actual Spy on the file C:\Program Files\ProcessGuard\unins000.exe

So it surprised me a lot, as I know Diamonds is a serious company and wouldn't take the stupid risk to do such a thing, that Pest Patrol is also a good program which dosen't invent false threads just to worry the customer and convince him to buy the product. I have a printscreen of the analysis that I can send by mail. Other security softs - Kaspersky antivirus Personal, Ewido, A2 Personal, Spy Sweeper, AD Aware, Trojan Hunter... - did not find anything wrong in PG unins000.exe

I wanted to tell you that in order you can explain why there is such an alert and perhaps contact Computer Associates to delete this false detection, or correct your uninstall program to avoid this in future versions.

Other question : during the first use of ProcessGuard, it alerted me every time I was executing a new software in order to know if I allowed it or not, but since some days, it does not ask me anymore and allow programs automatically, without that I have to accept, and I did not change anything to the configuration, is it normal because it has a data bank of malwares or do I have to change something for PG to ask me on new tasks processing ?

Thank you in advance for your answers. Best regards. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.