Keyboard Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Last week i bought myself a New coardless keyboard from Ebay. It said it was a US style keyboard but i thought we use the same language as the US so there will be no difference (how wrong was I!). Today i received my keyboard and got a bit of a suprise. They layout for the keys is completley different.

So i have changed my keyboard in language control panal to US layout to match the keys but low and behold the US keyboards have no £ sign on them, i switched back and am using my old one until i sort this out (but it just shows how important the people in the US find us brits to not even accomodate our currency on their keyboards as all UK keyboards have a $ sign on them).

But anyway can i ask is there an easy way to assign a function on a US keyboard to have a key of my choice to represent the £ sign, say for example the key on the very top left of the board next to the number one, as i never use this key and would be great if i could just press this to get a £..

Or have i just wasted £20.

Thanks,
    Anthony

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Anthony1uk

Take a look at the link and see if you get any help. Regional & Language Options in the control panel.

Keyboard Settings

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Thanks that might be some help, but my ideal goal would be to possibly change the assignment of one key so i could use this to click on and get a pound sign, is this possible?

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I've never made the change Anthony. Play with the settings and see what you come up with.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.